Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mahon Tribunal discussion

Options
  • 07-04-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

Mods, since the main Mahon thread is locked, what is the forum policy on discussing that situation?

The thread itself is very unwieldy, at 20 pages long, so anyone just coming into the forum would probably be put off joining the complexity of the thread. At this stage, is there still a need for all discussion to be contained within a single thread?

This is just a request for clarification, since I find it a bit frustrating to have the discussion stopped, started and derailed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DancesWithChimp

The problem is that discussion in that thread keeps getting reduced to semantic arguements and personal attacks rather than discussion of the Tribunal.

See the last 2 pages to see what I mean.

Also, a certain poster in that thread keeps making accusations of bias against other posters rather than debating the actual issues with them...and this has lead to distraction from the Mahon discussion at hand, and has forced the thread to close twice now.

I would prefer to see a strict rule enforced in that thread that accusations of bias against other posters would be dealt with by a ban on those posters within that thread.

It would be better than closing the thread each time and spoiling it for those of who actually want to discuss the Tribunal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Well, maybe not a ban just for an accusation of bias (even though it's probably easy enough to find it annoying) since Bertie-defenders are very thin on the ground these days and we don't want the whole discussion to be composed of you, Akrasia, Liam and myself alluding to shady dealings.

Since if that were to happen, then boards.ie itself would be biased against poor Bertie and well the universe would collapse in on itself.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

This type of discussion is off-topic for the forum. I'll discuss the Mahon thread with the other mods, and re-open as and when we see fit, on terms that we'll be enforcing strictly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement