Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mini trade in

Options
  • 07-04-2008 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Hi all - I'm just wondering if anyone would have a rough idea of a trade in value I would get for a 2007, MINI One, 1.4l, 15k km. It has the salt pack, alloys, leather steering wheel, space saver wheel (I got the service pack which I think is for 5 years and it would have 2 years warranty left).

I know this will vary from garage to garage, and depend on what I'm buying, but I'm just looking for a rough guestimate of what I can expect.

I also know I'd probably get more from selling it privately but I'm worried that I might get stuck with it for a long time trying to sell it privately because surely for something only a year old people would prefer to buy from a dealer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

sillysocks wrote: »
    I also know I'd probably get more from selling it privately but I'm worried that I might get stuck with it for a long time trying to sell it privately because surely for something only a year old people would prefer to buy from a dealer?
    The only reason someone would want to buy a year old car off a dealer is if they have a trade in. Your car will have the balance of its manufacturers warranty so any cash buyer who's clued in will have no worries about buying a nearly new car privately.
    For a value have a look on Carzone for comparable Mini prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

What I might do is have a look at trying to sell it privately, and if I can't shift it within a few weeks/month then try trading it in. Don't want to be stuck with two cars and for the MINI to take ages to sell!

Looking at Carzone similar cars are selling for around 21k. Anyone any ideas how much I'd expect to 'lose' on that if I traded in?

Advertisement