Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test on Saturday. Tester Issue?

Options
  • 07-04-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭

Have my test coming up on Saturday and just have a question.
    I've failed my test twice already, both times in churchtown. Also both times I did it I have had the same tester. First time 11 grade 2's and the second time 10.
    However I had done 5 pre-tests with three different schools and only failed one of them, the first one I did.
    Now my test is in Churchtown again and I'm just wondering if I'm given the same tester can I ask for someone else. I'm sure I could, but I have a feeling if I do then that person will be more inclined to fail me because they'll think i'm a pretentious little f***er for requesting a different tester.
    Now I know the odds of getting the same guy are slim, but thats what I said the second time I did it....
    So can anyone give me any advice on this?
    (Also I just did a ore-test there on Friday and passed with 5 Grade 2's)

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Noskoda

You can't ask for a different tester, and I think you would be silly to try and do so. If yo are doing your test on Saturday there may only be one tester working - especially if you have an afternoon test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

This post has been deleted.

Yes, when I was upgrading my licence for C,D & EC, I saw a few people at the test centre doing a good job of talking themselves out of a pass.. Do your best, don't assume it's over until the end of the test. Sometime examiners will give you the benefit of the doubt over something near the start of test if you hold yourself together for the rest and do a otherwise great drive.

The real learning starts from when you pass your test and never should stop.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

If he has no reason to fail you then he can't - think positive, if you get the same guy you know his way better than anyone else he'll probably have that day. He's unlikely to remember you anyway. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

You have obviously improved, go in there and show any instructor that comes out that you have improved and are ready for the full licence.

Concentrating on something small like this will cause too much stress and negativity for you.

You're obviously capable of passing, so go in and pass.

The guy who failed you twice will be delighted if you go in a and play a blinder and get a pass. I heard they get a better buzz out of people passing than people failing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement