Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old threads

Options
  • 07-04-2008 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

hello ,I've been reading on various threads that bringing old threads back to life.
    Is not the done thing ,Why is this ?, does it slow down the system or something ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It wouldn't slow down the system. Some threads do come back to life for good reason. But dragging one up for sh`its n giggles is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Well the last time i remember anyone having a problem with it was a very long time ago but there was only a issue when someone would have there own thread moved to the top by either typing the word "Bump" or typing something then deleting the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If there is something relative to add to the discussion, then I can't see the problem.

But resurrecting a thread from 2002 to add a "+1" or something will find you on the end of some stick, I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

In PI we do not allow old threads to be dragged up, unless it's done by the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thanks ,it's hard not being a techie on boards sometimes:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement