Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Airsoft in 10 years

• 07-04-2008 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

It seems alot of other sports have a thread like it so I thought 'Why not airsoft' so where do you think Irish airsoft will be in ten years?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Personaly I think it is on the way up,
    Because It is such an attractive game there will never be a lack of players.
    More players is a good thing I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

It will either be well established and popular, or banned with pink aegs for skirmishers.

I hope the former.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Well considering 10 years ago, AEGs were still a relatively new thing in 10 years time who know's what we could see?

At the moment the next big thing seems to be blowback and recoil, so i'd imagine this would only improve, other technologies will no doubt come along which will make AEGs more realistic in terms of muzzle flash and recoil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

an increase in fps ?

and hopefully a drop in prices : /

its very offputting to new entrants ...

though im weighing it up thats its going to be cheaper in the long run then paintball.

possibly some more really detailed in depth sites? aint actually been to any irish ones but from pictures look basic, wheres as some american ones have whole dedicated complex'

and an arena in canada i think allows a team to assault a ferry ship

Yea, lots and lots of very cool sites would be cool

There's one in the UK which is an old power plant that looks awesome.

• Advertisement

gbb bolts, powered by propane, that is ignited in a cylinder a la internal combustion.

Flash, and energy efficiency from a volume of gas stored in a mid cap.

I'd like that.

They have a similar thing in paintball, so it isnt entirely unrealistic.

Cant see combusted propane ever being used to be honest, the energy output would be inredible and way above 1J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

a small town and surrounding countryside for gaming...including underground tunnels...:D

a cheap airsoft grenade that is legal and oh yeah, works...

replica gear from the future soldier programme in the US that wont break the bank.

a gearbox that isnt a pain to fix

something for arthritis and prostrate 'issues'...as i will be 53...

kdouglas wrote: »
    Cant see combusted propane ever being used to be honest, the energy output would be inredible and way above 1J

It would depend on the volume used really, what energy it expelled.

It has been done in paintball, so I stand by the statement that it is a possibility, though an unlikely one.

I agree that mechanisms will begin to replicate bolt movement and some level of recoil.

I mean, an aeg can already have a bolt linked to the piston and an electronic control to keep it in the forward position even under a half trigger pull, fully running the cycle.

Damn, I might do that actually, with the anti reverse latch removed even it would do a similar thing, let alone using a smart trigger, and mods have been documented attaching the bolt to the piston in an ak.

Bah, I'll stop with the engineering talk, I'll be happy with the sport remaining accessible without a vcra clone choking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Imagine my collection in 10 years time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

In 10 years instead of AEGs we'll have AELGs... Frickin' Laser Guns!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Well, many of you will be running in fear from my heavily customised hoverpod, as I blast you with my replica plasma cannon. Since it'll be a replica, it'll only be outputting 2 Mw, putting it safely under the legal limit for high-energy area 'devices'. This will be a subject of hot debate on the future version of boards (a sort of interlinked neural network, but with much of the same nonsense as today; KD will ban people by disconnecting their cortex nodes) about how if it can vaporise medium-sized buildings, then it's not really a toy any more, and what type of hydrogen you can legally use.

Airsoft will no longer be limited to specific sites (mostly because those sites don't exist any more - Gorse Hill for example will long have been made part of the Three Rock Retail Arena), and will actually be used as an alternative to the current legal system, so people can opt to resolve civil disputes with their plasma cannons.

10 years lads, a lot can change ;)

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Well, many of you will be running in fear from my heavily customised hoverpod, as I blast you with my replica plasma cannon. Since it'll be a replica, it'll only be outputting 2 Mw, putting it safely under the legal limit for high-energy area 'devices'. This will be a subject of hot debate on the future version of boards (a sort of interlinked neural network, but with much of the same nonsense as today; KD will ban people by disconnecting their cortex nodes) about how if it can vaporise medium-sized buildings, then it's not really a toy any more, and what type of hydrogen you can legally use.

Airsoft will no longer be limited to specific sites (mostly because those sites don't exist any more - Gorse Hill for example will long have been made part of the Three Rock Retail Arena), and will actually be used as an alternative to the current legal system, so people can opt to resolve civil disputes with their plasma cannons.

10 years lads, a lot can change ;)
    Something along the lines of The Running Man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

kdouglas wrote: »
    Something along the lines of The Running Man?

There's a thought!

Or even this... (Full text here, though that's copyright infringment, really)

bullets wrote: »
    Imagine my collection in 10 years time :D

There arent enough varients of aks or armalites to keep you going that long, you'll have to start making things up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

The entire IAA committee (past, present and future) will be locked up to prevent them bringing harm to themselves or others. Children will be brought on school trips to see the dribbling and babbling remnants of the handful of people who brought about the new world order under the auspices of airsoft. People wil be allowed to feed them and, for a price, poke them with sticks - continuing a tradition long in to the future.

NOIP will have been spayed and mounted. No real reason for this, it just seems like a fun thing to do. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

irish airsoft in 10 years.....
    more use of grenades and the likes
    few more Rpgs..maybe:D
    someone said it already
    more/even some recoil for aegs
    a raise in the limit for snipers as in 2Joules
    NOT to be 2 tone but as they are now

just for the craic some one should into getting one of these
    warthog.png

well that really covers it for me:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Shell ejecting GBB's and the shells are disposable..eg 1000 shells for a tenner and it would simulate real steel guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

The whole of Ireland will be one giant skirmish field. The original skirmish fields will be the centers of power for huge aeg corporations. It will be left to us equipped with the afore mentioned neural link and plasma cannons to foil their evil plot to produce nothing but cheap and crappy armalite clones. The game gentlemen, is on:cool:

[EDIT] I know it was my thread but I couldn't resist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

In 10 years, I'll actually know what I'm talking about.

• Advertisement

In 10 years, I'll actually know what I'm talking about.
    Doubt it :p

Maybe they will have military school like academies that employ airsoft not war (that's what I would do:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

In 10 years airsoft will be played on the moon, each country will have a

patch and there will be a neutral ground where countres can challenge each

other, i think we should ambush the old enemies england when they get off

richard bransons virgin galactic jet. :D

ill be 26 so ill be able to lead the charge, the young guns time will come

mwahhha:pac:

:cool::cool::cool:

blay1 wrote: »
    In 10 years airsoft will be played on the moon, each country will have a

patch and there will be a neutral ground where countres can challenge each

other, i think we should ambush the old enemies england when they get off

richard bransons virgin galactic jet. :D

ill be 26 so ill be able to lead the charge, the young guns time will come

mwahhha:pac:

:cool::cool::cool:

mwahhhha and :pac: will be our leader and tactical advisor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Blackthorn1011

blay1 wrote: »
    In 10 years airsoft will be played on the moon,

Or at least a very tall mountain. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭16airassualt

hopefully,airsoft will eventually be just like curling exept instead of brooms we use aegs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

spoon is alive:D:D:D

Gatling wrote: »
    spoon is alive:D:D:D

Not even I get that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

tbh in ten years time i will have finished making an exact full metal replica of the assault rifle from the movie " aliens"

including grenade launcher and the Bb counter

and when you run out of ammo

a very scared but funny bill paxton shouts

"game over man game over"

also when the trigger is fired it sets of a pre recorded sound that exactly matches the firing noise from the movie

now thats 10 years of good work :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

tbh in ten years time i will have finished making an exact full metal replica of the assault rifle from the movie " aliens"

including grenade launcher and the Bb counter

and when you run out of ammo

a very scared but funny bill paxton shouts

"game over man game over"
    also when the trigger is fired it sets of a pre recorded sound that exactly matches the firing noise from the movie

now thats 10 years of good work :P

I dont know man 10 months maybe not ten years now in ten years if you can make a Predator plasma cannon bb gun with the aiming reticle that actually works well thats ten years of good work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

We'll all be using some sort of nanobot infused bbs that make it impossible for people to ignore hits, these bbs will also fly further, be extremely accurate and clean the inside of your AEG when fired. We'll all be wearing bb proof contact lenses instead of masks or goggles, oh and the Irish airsoft team will have come second last place in the World Airsoft Cup after being ranked third in the world before the tournament, our shocking lack of success will be put down to bad management (some things never change...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Ejecting foam rings are already a nice realistic feature of some airsoft guns, each BB is loaded into the small ring and inserted into the magazine. Upon firing, the BB is fired from the foam ring and the ring is then ejected through the ejection port.

I can't for the life of me remember what that form of airsoft is called, anyone remember?
    Begins with an R I think....

Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Ejecting foam rings are already a nice realistic feature of some airsoft guns, each BB is loaded into the small ring and inserted into the magazine. Upon firing, the BB is fired from the foam ring and the ring is then ejected through the ejection port.

I can't for the life of me remember what that form of airsoft is called, anyone remember?
    Begins with an R I think....

Steve

http://rap4.com/paintball/os/rap4-airsoft-airsoft-c-261_409.html

They shoot like 500fps but the bbs look alot smaller and proably lighter so possibly under 1j, but there co2:(

Nah, foam wont bio degrade.

Get some cardboard 556 shells to pop out of real cap mags, would look like spent brass too a little more than a small foam ring would.

Would be easy to replicate ak ammo in greeny grey too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

liamo333 wrote: »

They shoot like 500fps but the bbs look alot smaller and proably lighter so possibly under 1j, but there co2:(

That's it alright.
    Just shows though that technology like that is available right now and easily enough adapted to standard 6mm battery operated AEGs.

Steve

• Advertisement

liamo333 wrote: »

they can also fire these rather cool looking "airfins":
    http://rap4.com/paintball/os/rap4-airfin-10000-p-2948.html

Oh yeah I forgot I'll rule the world and have turned Garryhinch and Clongowes* into airsoft sites

*Just because I go to clongowes doesn't make me a snob or a D4 head:pac:

Advertisement