Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to bulk buy Vegetable Oil

• 07-04-2008 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm researching the concept of converting my car to run on vegetable oil. Can anyone recommend a place where a Joe Soap on the street can bulk buy it at a rate per litre cheaper than in a supermarket.

Thanks In Advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i get my oil as and when i need it from frylite, they charge €24 for a 20 litre bucket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

i get my oil as and when i need it from frylite, they charge €24 for a 20 litre bucket.

I dont think it costs that ,much in aldi or lidl? Off the top of my head im thinking it only costs 56c or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

i know someone who has a tank and collects waste oil from chinese take aways and filters it himself. you just offer to do it for free and they don't mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Thats €1.20 a litre. Can buy diesel for that. Lidl and Aldi have it for like 70c a litre or around that.

Advertisement