Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The iphone essential app thread

• 07-04-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Ok this thread is not about sourcing an iphone or about the launch so mods do not merge it with those threads.

Hopefully this can be a thread that will inform new users of the iphone on what needs to be done etc. I'm talking mainly about jailbroken phones here hence the apps but it can also include web apps.

So what are your essential iphone apps?

What apps are needed when you get the phone, inc sim import and the fix for irish numbers to appear correctly? Basically the starting off stuff.

My iphone should be here in a few days but for now I have an ipod touch and my most essential app is MobileScrobbler ( native app for last.fm providing interent radio and a great UI)

For IM I use iphone.beejive.com and it beats mobilechat and Apollo IM and meebo hands down.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I think the AppSupport patch fixes the caller ID on irish networks. i.e, if you have a person listed as 087-whatever
    then if they text you their name will not appear (unless you have a secondary number under their name as +353-whatever). Also, iSIM allows you to take your phone numbers from your sim card (the iphone doesnt do it automatically)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

su_dios wrote: »
    Ok this thread is not about sourcing an iphone or about the launch so mods do not merge it with those threads.

well thanks for spelling that out! :eek:

but why not use the STICKY ;):

Useful: iPhone Info [links/details, not discussion!]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement