Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountant

Options
  • 07-04-2008 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

I know it's a subjective thing but can anyone recommend a decent Accountant? My current one is less than useless :mad: I have a small service based business but don't mind paying for decent service and advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I've found Ken O'Conner and Micheal Carey to be pretty on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I've found Ken O'Conner and Micheal Carey to be pretty on the ball.

Thanks Ronnie - where are they based?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Carey & Co are the Sean Mulvoy road and I think Ken O'Connor is up in Parkmore.

I also forgot to mention DHKN. We work with them quite a bit and they're very good, I would think a tad more expensive than the above. Their office is on the hill off the huntsman roundabout as you head towards Bohermore.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Thanks Ronnie, will check those out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I also forgot to mention DHKN. We work with them quite a bit and they're very good, I would think a tad more expensive than the above

DHKN are a ( not so mini ) mini local big 5 style company like RBK are in the Midlands. Its good to have big 5 style companies in the regions , otherwise the whole country will be swallowed alive by Dublin.

Very useful if you are considering expansionary moves and probably essential if you are considering big expansionary moves but for a small steady state company maybe not at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

I just started up my company with CAG in steamboat house on the docks, they so far have been pretty good. There is another accountant in the same building TJ Hyland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement