Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ring games Hands/hr per Network

• 07-04-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

I've been mostly single-tabling on Microgaming recently. I tried moving to iPoker but the action is so slow in comparison to Microgaming, it's just ridiculous.

I'd be interested to know what the figures are for hands per hour for say, 6-max on different networks. At a guess, I'd say I play 30-40% more hands per hour on Microgaming.

Greatly appreciate figures for other networks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

bonuswhores.com used to be really good for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

microgaming network has sick quick software (prob the quickest) so you're gonna be seeing more hands per hour there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

I had a look at the bonuswhores.com website, according to them the stats are as follows

Network H/hr
    Network		H/hr

PS		102.14	
    FT		103.3
    Party		102.93
    iPoker		82.8
    Ongame		N/A
    UB		109.66
    Boss		98.01
    888/pacific	82.52
    Bodog		N/A
    Cake		114.39
    Everest		80.25
    MicroGaming	105.55
    Ladbrokes	97.35
    Crypto		88.66

iPoker seems to be nearer the back of the pack in terms of h/hr. Pity seeing as i have 35% Rakeback with them

it shouldn't really matter, if you are getting 20% less hands/table/hr it should mean you can play 20% more tables.

Obviously it's hard to play 1.2 tables, but you could probably learn to play 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Wow! here's a business tip ipoker. more hands = more rake.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

RoundTower wrote: »
    it shouldn't really matter, if you are getting 20% less hands/table/hr it should mean you can play 20% more tables.

Obviously it's hard to play 1.2 tables, but you could probably learn to play 2.

I play heads up and my puny brain is only able to process one game at a time so I need as many hands/hr as possible

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

UB is really quick, as the figures above show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

iPoker seems to be nearer the back of the pack in terms of h/hr. Pity seeing as i have 35% Rakeback with them

Looks like they've done you a favour. 35% is far from exciting on ipoker.

I can think of at least 3 skins where the loyalty scheme is well in excess of that (depending on volume).

edit : I don't play heads up. The sums may be different.

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Wow! here's a business tip ipoker. more hands = more rake.:rolleyes:
    I don't know if the servers could handle 20% extra hands. If anything, maybe they should slow down?

I don't know if the servers could handle 20% extra hands. If anything, maybe they should slow down?

Up past 10K players tonight. Neck and neck with FT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Well I'd imagine a lot of the overheads are fixed and providing a few extra servers is the cheap bit of the business. Getting players to sit in front of the pc and play on your site for x number of hours is the expensive part of the business so not maximising the rake you take for those x hours is lol silly.

But hey what would I know about the online poker business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I read some sort of update was done when I wasn't playing for a while and since I came back there has been times when every table has waiting list, 1 night at 1-2 when smallest waiting list was 4 and your were not able to start a new table so I think they maybe at capacity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

iPoker is tight as hell these days...sorry for the OT.

zuutroy wrote: »
    iPoker is tight as hell these days...sorry for the OT.

This is true and false at the same time.

Certain games/limits appeal to the grinders (eg me) and others don't.

Some of the 10 seat NL games are nearly as tight as crypto, while others are as soft as 2 years ago and then some.

I haven't played much Omaha, but I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a goldmine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

great games in the last week for me.

Advertisement