Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam as law

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

snyper wrote: »
    Any country that is governed by religion is epic fail. Let it be christian Muslim or the flying spagetti monster.

I agree with you on that.
    snyper wrote: »
    Im sure most moderate thinking muslim people do not condone the treatment of a rape victim as is reported.

Well, I can't speak for all Muslims, but just myself. I find Saudi's regime actions and the way the run the country deeply disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Jannah wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how much simpler I could put it but sher, somehow I think I'm already talking to the converted (to atheism, that it! :p) Thats just my thoughts on the subject and my take on Islam, no doubt there's a turban touting lunatic who thinks the meaning of it is that we all should feed jelly explosives to Jewish babies, but as you said- each to their own! :)

LOL :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

wes wrote: »

Well, I can't speak for all Muslims, but just myself. I find Saudi's regime actions and the way the run the country deeply disturbing.

Yes, me too, particularly the way they treat women. But its their country, their law and i have to respect that even if i am strongly opposed to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Jannah

Ahhh, would you look at that?? Us all agreeing and co-habiting in this thread it peace harmony- it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, so it does! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Jannah wrote: »
    It all comes down to the fact: if you are in a country, it is necessary that you follow their laws.

I agree with you, but I hope you reserve the same maxim for people who come to our part of the world and try to impose their laws and customs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Jannah

I agree with you, but I hope you reserve the same maxim for people who come to our part of the world and try to impose their laws and customs.
    Oh, completely! I think that if someone is to migrate to another country then they should leave their own laws at the border- and keep them there! Ireland has developed its own legal system in a way that suits its people and allows for a fair and democratic way of life.

However, keeping one's customs is important as it keeps their traditions and culture alive. I think its a really great experience for such a closed off country as Ireland to have a more diverse society and to see that there is life beyond our little island!! BUT this said, if their customs are damaging to them or their adopted country (like the practice of FGM, forced marriages or the like) they should leave those firmly at home!

Advertisement