Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you use a giggle ?

Options
  • 07-04-2008 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Ok , met my boyfriend/fiance for lunch, afterwards i sent him a text saying thanks for lunch , i love your kisses and that i love him loads and loads.. i also put in the text about baptismal certs and confirmation certs are we're trying to sort out the priests etc... all very good EXCEPT!
    I didnt send to my other half , I sent it to my priest : Who wrote back , i assume that was for your boyfriend , im glad you like his kisses !!!!!!!!!!! Then he RANG ME AND WAS LAUGHING SO HARD HE HAD TO HANG UP !!!
    cringe factor of a million!!! DOH !!!
    Hope ye all get a little giggle from this :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I laughed out loud, I've done things like that too :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Thats probably the only message like that that the priest will ever get and I'm sure it made his day! Thank god you only met up for lunch and not afternoon delight!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

heavyheart wrote: »
    . i also put in the text about baptismal certs and confirmation certs are we're trying to sort out the priests etc... all very good EXCEPT!

I've been doing all that this morning! :) Hope alls going well.

I did laugh when I saw your post, the next time you see the priest should be a blast! Ah but it could have been a LOT worse ya know? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭heavyheart

Oh god im not even thinking about what else i could have written !!! guaranteed he will use it in the mass ceremony but hey as long as someone gets a laugh out of it what harm ! My friend couldnt catch her breath when i rang to tell her she just couldnt stop laughing !!!

I think my face has calmed down a little bit now and is no longer bright scarlet !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I bet he mentions this during his sermon thingy at your wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Oh god im not even thinking about what else i could have written !!!

Exactly - it could have been so embarassing that you would have been too mortified to ever see the priest again, and would have just had to cancel the wedding!

Thanks for starting this thread - i got a laugh from it, which has cheered up my Monday. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Joanne87

Ha ha ha my sides hurt from laughing so hard!!! That made my day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Thanks for the laff.
    It reminded me of my cousins wedding a few years ago. She was getting married in a small country church. Before the wedding she organised a few friends to spring clean the church with her. During their cleaning they took down the "pictures" from the walls, then couldn't figure out what order to put them back, or why there were 14 of them. She ended up knocking on the parish priests door and telling him she had mixed up the 10 commandments and a few extra ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

:):) scarlet..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Bahaha, I'm usually sending texts meant for my girlfriend to others!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

My XH did something like that the other day too - meant for his fiancee - told her how he loved her and xxxx's etc. - Sent him one back and said, sorry - i used to love you but not anymore! OOH God, got such a feel good factor from it - Mean i know - but YES!

I am notorious for sending texts to the wrong people , told my OH's sister loads of times how much i cant wait to see her and how much i love her , her name is right next my oH's on my contacts !!! Double Doh ! She's always slagging me over it !
    Im still scarlet but ..... it was very funny !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Brilliant! But what a sound priest too ha ha. God if I sent that to my priest I can't imagine what he'd say, he wouldn't laugh anyway that's for sure ha ha.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

This is actually the funniest thing I've ever read. hahahahah LOL. whatever about sending a wrong text, but to your PRIEST hahahahaha. I sent a rather sexy text to the very wrong person a few years ago, it was ment for the dude I was seeing but sent it too my bessie mate. morto is an understatement. wouldnt have been too bad if I was explaining what I was doing. teeheehee :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

How funny is that Priest too though, great sense of humour. Thanks for the giggle heavyheart, that's so like something I'd do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Great story.

I'm impressed that you have your priest on speed dial! You're one well organised lady!

Well as long as ive made someone laugh then my job here is done :)
    Have to meet the priest in a few weeks to go through pre nup forms CRINGE !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Oh man I hate when I do things like that... I've done it a few times where I'm talking about someone in a text and send it to the person I'm talking about... awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Good story
    Glad to see priest with sense of humor

I did something similiar - I got email from Recruitment agency with different jobs and specs. I sent this information to BF to have looksee and get feedback - INSTEAD I sent it to my BOSS - AHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

LouOB wrote: »
    Good story
    Glad to see priest with sense of humor

I did something similiar - I got email from Recruitment agency with different jobs and specs. I sent this information to BF to have looksee and get feedback - INSTEAD I sent it to my BOSS - AHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH

OMG! What did she say???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

A girl I worked with was texting someone about her cousin, who was dying of cancer. The text said he was basically on the way out and that it was just a matter of time and how sad they all were.

She then sent it to the cousin in question. She felt so awful. I felt really sorry for her about it.

watna wrote: »
    A girl I worked with was texting someone about her cousin, who was dying of cancer. The text said he was basically on the way out and that it was just a matter of time and how sad they all were.

She then sent it to the cousin in question. She felt so awful. I felt really sorry for her about it.

omg , that is the worst ever .... the poor girl.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Boss was fine he just laughed but horrible feeling

Watna - dreadful story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

omg , that is the worst ever .... the poor girl.....

Yeah, twas pretty bad.

I feel bad now, I've bummed people out and ruined the gigglyness of the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Awww thanks for the laugh HH :)

But that is a bad situation at least the priest took it well

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Awww thanks for the laugh HH :)

But that is a bad situation at least the priest took it well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

watna wrote: »

Oh no!!!!! :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Maybe the priest will see how much you love him and let you off the marriage course :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement