Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon - NAC - Swimwear?

• 07-04-2008 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

I am new to Triathlon (Loughrea '07 is my only one to date). Have entered the Fingal 3D Sprint as my first one this year.

Although I am not out to break any records I want to keep transition times to a minimum. Looking at the '08 race briefing I see that some athletes elect to wear the trisuit for the swim thus avoiding changing.

Any opinions on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Only way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

Great... sorted so.

It was just that I saw so many NOT in Trisuits that I said to myself... they know something I don't :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Phil01

Definitly get yourslef a tri suit. The easiest way in transition and quickest.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

I may not have been totally clear... I already have a trisuit, but the fact that there are no wetsuits in this Triathlon it means that the trisuit will be totally soaked from the swim. The Triathlon in the NAC is a pool based swim.

Does this change anything in your opinion, or still best to swim in the pool in the trisuit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Unless the weather is very cold, go ahead with the trisuit. It will dry out on the bike. Don't forget lube though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement