Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying house-Quick Sale

Options
  • 07-04-2008 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

What does the buyer need in place to bid and offer a quick sale?
    I'm a FTB and am in the process of organising mortgage approval.
    Should I try and organise a solicitor also?
    I'm new to this so any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

Have your mortgage approval in place, and proof of your deposit. Really what holds up a sale from the buyer's side is getting the mortgage in place, and the life assurance/mortagage protection etc (you'd be surprised how long the insurance can take). Other advice - never assume anything will go smoothly, expect the unexpected. It's never over until you have the keys in your hand - a seller claiming they want a quick sale can suddenly delay for weeks over sending out contracts (because they want to stay in their house longer than expected), etc, etc. Other delays can be caused if buying older houses as issues with the structural survey need to be investigated etc. Or planning permission or Building regulations cert is not in place for a conversion or an extension. Expect a sale to take anything from 8 weeks at the very least to 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

Yes it's also good to have already arranged to work with a solicitor before you go Sale agreed (have a bid accepted) in case you need to ask them any advice beforehand.

Advertisement