Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Server 2003 DNS and the .ie Domain

Options
  • 07-04-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a dedicated server setup where I run my ASP.NET web apps. I have setup many .com and .net domain names on this server using the DNS applet without any hastles. I am trying to setup my first .ie website on it but my registar keeps telling me they get an error when trying to point the .ie domain. Is there a special way of setting up a DNS zone record for a .ie or something.Does anybody have expierence doing this. Easy knowing .ie's would be a load of bloody hastle. Here is the error.

OK: Checking NS.*********.NET for authority
    OK: Requesting SOA for zone .*********..ie. from server .*********.
    OK: Querying server .*********.as .*********.
    FATAL: No authoritative answers obtained
    FATAL: Verification failed for zone .*********..ie.

Thanks in advnace,
    John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Both nameservers have to "agree" ie. the SOA has to match on both.

If your nameservers are configured correctly this won't be an issue.

The reason it's "worked" for .com domains is because they don't bother checking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

hey blacknight,
    can you elaborate on this any further.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you do a dns check at:
    http://www.zonecheck.fr/demo/

That will show you verbosely what is happening with your DNS.

If you want to see what it's meant to look like try this one:
    http://tinyurl.com/3oe57b

If your DNS servers are setup / configured properly and are fully RFC compliant you won't have any issues with most ccTLDs except for the odd which might have specific email related rules

Advertisement