Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street cleaning in Cavan.

Options
  • 07-04-2008 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

It seems to be an article of faith that Cavan is one of the tidiest towns in the country. And believe me, I don't doubt it. It's far cleaner than Kells or Navan and compares very favourably (IMHO) with Longford, Mullingar and Athlone - these being the other medium sized towns I'm most familiar with.

But watching the guys go around in the mornings with the cleaning machines, it's a wonder how they manage to do anything at all. They're so big and awkward; the machines can't clean anywhere near where there's a car parked - never mind in an around them. Invariably, you see the track of the wet brushes in the tarmac where the cleaner has had to pull pull out clear of the car about 3-4m before it and is only able to pull back in a similar distance after the car.

In a street where the cars are all parked close together, he can't do anything at all. What we need are smaller hand operated machines that can clean into every nook and cranny, in and around parked cars etc. With the contraptions we have at the moment, you might as well be using a toilet brush to wash a bottle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

We should get one of those machines into Ballyjamesduff. The town is rife with litter on most days

Advertisement