Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistachios

• 07-04-2008 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Pistachios are very flavourful but I'm at a loss to describe the taste. There is just something about it that seems familiar to me but I can't put my finger on it.

How would you describe the taste? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It's the salted ones that do it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

i remember i used to get gorgeous salted Pistachios on lufthansa flights....

whoever thought making pistachio flavoured ice-cream was a good idea should be fired out of a cannon into the sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it was the italians, if you ever have a chance to get proper italian pistachio ice cream you'd love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

salty. nutty.

and pistachio ice cream is the tits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Beerlao wrote: »
    salty. nutty.

Thanks lol

Next time you eat some pistachios try to think of other foods to describe the flavour. For example people often say cherimoya tastes like a combination of banana, pineapple and strawberry.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Cashew nuts, green tea and grass then, if you must.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Would anyone be bothered to eat them/find them as addictive to eat if the un-shelling process wasn't part of the bargain? Shelled Pistachios are just so boring zzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Shelled pistachios have their uses. I use pistachios in pilaf rice. Try and shell pistachios without eating them. It becomes an endless process of shell, nibble, scoff, get more....

The pile never gets big enough to use in the recipe and I get full. Shelled pistachios - bake for 10 minutes and chuck into pilaf rice.:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

gucci wrote: »
    Shelled Pistachios are just so boring zzzzzzzzzzz

QFT.

I've nearly lost finger nails getting the buggers out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Minder wrote: »
    Shelled pistachios have their uses. I use pistachios in pilaf rice. Try and shell pistachios without eating them. It becomes an endless process of shell, nibble, scoff, get more....

The pile never gets big enough to use in the recipe and I get full. Shelled pistachios - bake for 10 minutes and chuck into pilaf rice.:D

Aaaaaahhh now it makes sense........they obviously employ people with nut allergies to peel the pistachios in factories,hence how they succeed in having any sort of output :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement