Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kilteely or Pallasgreen Co. Limerick?

Options
  • 07-04-2008 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

Broadband in Kilteely or Pallasgreen Co. Limerick?
    Does it exist/ I cant find anything other than satellite broadband which is slow and expensive, appreciate hearing from anyone in this area,

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MickLimk

Pallasgreen exchange was enabled a good while back.

Digiweb signs have been littering the roads surrounding the village for over a year now but they claim to know nothing about the area when I rang them.

Are you far from Pallasgreen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Hi MickLimk,

Thanks for the reply, I,m about a 7 minute drive from Pallasgreen, opposite side of Old pallas.

Think I may be too far away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

try www.uchoose.ie pallas green can get broadband according to it but make sure just stick your number into the broadband finder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

I've a friend living very near there - on the road before the fork for Kilteely.
    No DSL, but he can get O2 3G internet access.
    You can pick one up and try it out.
    If it doesn't work, you've two weeks to bring it back for a full refund.
    Don't pay too much heed to people telling you "it's not broadband".
    They're not on dialup, and 3G is a big improvement, particularly in
    rural areas where there's less competition for the signal.

Take a look at www.siteviewer.ie, select County Limerick and type in "Pallas Grean", or you can just type "2784" into the Site ID box.
    You'll see where the 3G enabled O2 mast is.

Let us know if that's any help to you.
    NiallB

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

I'm just outside Pallasgreen and ended up using O2 3G.

Spent months trying to get BB installed for work, without success. Even the company's Eircom account manager said it couldn't be done.

From what I've been told, Pallasgreen is a sub exchange on the Dromkeen (Cherryfield?) exchange.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads I appreciate the info, I'm moving out there shortly and I guess I'll have to use 02 3G. Buggered on the downloads with that tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jason Ryan

Pallasgreen exchange has been broadband enabled since Feb 2006, and is located in Cloverfield.
    It does not yet serve Pallasgreen village, as it falls outside the 4km radius.
    The exchange is currently undergoing an upgrade which will increase the coverage area.
    OP, are you in Kilteely village, or outside it?
    The exchange is quiet near to Kilteely, but your phone line might be coming from the Hospital exchange depending on where you are situated.

Hi Jason,

Thats good news, as I said I'm new to the area moving out ina few weeks, Im not in the village I'm near the crossroads that has that great big white rock near it, if that means anything to you. I am quite close to the village though, few minutes drive I expect.
    It'd be great if I could get it.

Advertisement