Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creston, St Margarets Road, Finglas

Options
  • 07-04-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Looking\thinking to buy here and just wanted general opinions on the site and surrounding area really. Asking from 385 to 410 for a 3 bed house there, just really wondering what should I be looking out for really.

Ikea is coming to the area and charlestown shopping centre is 2 minutes walk, they seem to have sold majority of three beds but not many/any of the apartments (not suprising). The old castle pub doesnt look the best but I think there is planning appllication to have it knocked (not sure though).

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

you are sandwiched b/w ballymun and finglas but as a general good area. there is a new bus service no 104 to city center every ten mts. peak hours. but take care of price. They have not reduced their price up to present market level.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Rafloution wrote: »

Ikea is coming to the area and charlestown shopping centre is 2 minutes walk, they seem to have sold majority of three beds but not many/any of the apartments (not suprising). The old castle pub doesnt look the best but I think there is planning appllication to have it knocked (not sure though).

I live in the area. It's fine.

The Castle is one of these things. They have applied a few times to get planning permission to build on the site, but they haven't had approval. So, it stays as is for now.

In general, the area is fine. Near the airport, not that far from the city, good bus routes (40B, 140) and other routes close - 19/19A,83. Charlestown shopping centre, not too far from the shops in Finglas, etc.

It's still a new and growing area.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

confuzed wrote: »
    there is a new bus service no 104 to city center every ten mts. peak hours.
    Thats the 140 to Leeson Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

:osorry typo.

Advertisement