Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving any vaguely sex related threads to s & s

Options
  • 07-04-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

I just replied to a post in the Ladies Lounge, which has now been moved. Obviously to S & S. I dont think it was right, considering she was looking for other female opinions and it wasn't discussing particularities of sex per se.

I think its a bit unfair, the original poster now no longer has access to her thread, and her and my post have now both been moved to a forum we don't have access to, where we can't explain/defend/comment on any replies, and everyone with access has free reign to say what they want.

I don't particularly care about access, but instead of moving threads which the original poster has made to a forum where they can't see replies (which makes the post totally pointless to the OP and anyone who replies afterwards) why not just delete them if deemed inappropriate (which i don't think this thread really was...)? My comment was meant for the ladies of the lounge and not all you lech's in S & S!! :p
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

But it might make for good discussion in S&S?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

/visits S&S forum

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok ladies, a tough enough subject ill admit!! Oral sex on man, i physically cant do it and it just seems like EVERYONE is doing it!!! My man understands completely and would never pressure me into it but id love to be able to do it for him..

Anyone else have this problem???
    This is more S&S than casual Ladies talk. Windsock was right to move it imo.

Link for subscribers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I thought it was inappropriate.

Talking about sexual acts in a thread which may have become quite explicit in a forum where people of all ages can access it, is not appropriate. At least the circumcision thread was scientific, not a description of sexual acts.

I think windsock was right to move it too. It may be of some use in the S and S thread. The OP wouldn't have been able to see if it had been deleted either so at least it should go to some use.

If the OP wants to talk about sexual acts than she can suscribe and ask int he S and S forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

well, its a question directed and ladies only for a start. she wanted the opinions of other ladies and to see if anyone else had that problme, not discussion of oral sex in general.

my point is though, why bother moving a thread asking for advice on something to somewhere the OP can't read it? why not just delete and recommend they post in Personal Issues or something (if its not suitable for the LL then it's definitely more for PI anyway IMO)

edit : she's not talking specifically or in detail about the sexual act, just saying she can't do it, and asking if any other ladies are the same. everyone can read PI, and some of the stuff said in there would be much worse, i don't see the argument personally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

its not really of use in S&S tbh.

It's already been done quite a few times iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Considering the content of other fora, I never really understood why S&S was locked to subscribers only.

It isn't as if the stuff there is any more X-rated than allegedly underage posters giving advice on BJ's in other fora (as was alleged in a AH thread).

I'd say open up S&S or have it access request soccer style or even have an I am over 18 pop up disclaimer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

PSI wrote: »
    Considering the content of other fora, I never really understood why S&S was locked to subscribers only.
    Simple.

Sex sells.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Seraphina wrote: »
    well, its a question directed and ladies only for a start.

tLL is not purely for females. Yes it is directed at them but as a public forum anyone can view it and reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

umm. i think everyone's just choosing to ignore my point, so forget it

i apologise for adding to the already countless number of posts about S & S, i feel so dirty!

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm quite sure the OP's name (in this other thread) is a metaphor for something.

Something icky.

6th wrote: »
    tLL is not purely for females. Yes it is directed at them but as a public forum anyone can view it and reply.

So is Paranormal, but that forum has rules in place to protect the interests of the core target audience of the forum.

Why shouldn't tLL be the same? Why shouldn't the core audience of that forum have a place to post free from harassment and innuendo? Because it would detract from your fun?

Regarding Seraphina's OP, I agree that its ridiculous to move a post to a place the OP cannot see or respond if the OP wasn't breaking any rules in posting it. She's being needlessly excluded.

Which brings me back to my point. Are we banning ALL sex talk from forums other than S&S or is it going to be pick and choose? Because if its the latter, then S&S really needs to be opened up to everyone.

Harassment? I never said people could go in a post what they like. Each forum has a charter and as long as they follow that they can post - regardless of gender.

Harassment? I never said people could go in a post what they like. Each forum has a charter and as long as they follow that they can post - regardless of gender.

I'd argue that the signal (female) to noise (male) ratio in tLL is high as to make the forum just a slightly tilted version of AH.

So what do you suggest?

Make it private and just for women (theres a forum lke that already)?

or

Set an amount of male posters you feel are appropriate to allow in?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You could always subscribe OP. I think it was the right call to move it.

You dont need to subscribe to get access, ever tried just asking nicely?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You dont need to subscribe to get access, ever tried just asking nicely?
    Well the sticky in Feedback is titled "Access to the Sex & Sexuality Forum is given to SMods, CMods, Mods and Subscribers". At the time I believe ecksor said he'd give access to anyone who proved they were over 18.

So what do you suggest?

Make it private and just for women (theres a forum lke that already)?

or

Set an amount of male posters you feel are appropriate to allow in?

I don't suggest anything. The mods there are more than capable of handling the forum the way they want. If they want AH-lite, great for them. I personally think it's a waste of something that could be a good resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I should start making all of my posts full of sexual innuendo, reference and explicit descriptions. Get them all moved to S&S.

Speaking of which I'm making this post while suspended from a ceiling with two meat hooks in my back. A Japanese maid is dripping hot wax onto genitals and big bear is whipping with with a leather cat o'nine tails. Can anyone tell me how to get wax out of hair?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

But the same women posting in TLL post in the BGRH forum...?

If there's an issue with males posting in TLL, make it private and boot them out, and do the same to every female poster with BGRH.

As said in the podcast, BGRH and TLL are pretty much sub-divisions of AH. If there's a problem with that, refer to the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I think the point isn't the idea of people having a lack of access to S&S, its people moving posts there. I really don't see the point of moving semi-advice style threads, like the above, into S&S instead of just locking it, its absolutely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Is the issue with sexual threads not being allowed in forums other then S&S(in general)?

or

The fact that the thread was moved to a location where the op could not view or respond, instead of locking and removing any inappropriate material?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,214 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ill admit theres a lot of forums in PI that come up that should be moved.. but for the most part its all just young people asking the basics. Not everyone is lame enough to waste the butt of their 3v voucher on a subscription like me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Overheal wrote: »
    Ill admit theres a lot of forums in PI that come up that should be moved.. but for the most part its all just young people asking the basics. Not everyone is lame enough to waste the butt of their 3v voucher on a subscription like me :cool:

Its a judgement call in those cases Overheal.

where there is an issue e.g i cant climax, or dont last long enough that is probably suitable for PI.
    Where its a "How to" or general discussion point it should be moved.

In this instance it would have been ok for PI i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

When its a how to, surely it should be locked rather than moved. Whats the point of having an OP ask a question, and we continue discussing it in S&S where they can't get to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

If i had gotten there first i would of moved it. Right decision in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

çrash_000 wrote: »
    When its a how to, surely it should be locked rather than moved. Whats the point of having an OP ask a question, and we continue discussing it in S&S where they can't get to it?

Well i was giving a quick example and its a judgment call on what the mod wants to do, either is fine IMO. It does depend on what the thread in question is about.

If its in S+S its a general discussion betwee those there really so could be a useful thread.
    Jules wrote: »
    If i had gotten there first i would of moved it. Right decision in my opinion.

I am not disagreeing actually, the OP could always repost in PI, and rephrase it slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I never said you were disagreeing, just stating my opinion. Maybe one of the kind S&S mods would move it to PI, if they thought it was approapriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,214 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Marksie wrote: »
    Well i was giving a quick example and its a judgment call on what the mod wants to do, either is fine IMO. It does depend on what the thread in question is about.

If its in S+S its a general discussion betwee those there really so could be a useful thread.

I am not disagreeing actually, the OP could always repost in PI, and rephrase it slightly.

I hears ya: the difference between sex ed and the karma sutra :pac:

Advertisement