Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

child vomiting

Options
  • 07-04-2008 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

my 2 and a half year old daughter has a bug according to the doctor she was vomiting on friday night and dioreah that night and next day the vomiting stopped and the dioreah eased up but today she vomited again she ate toast yesterday and was fine but today had a dry biscuit and tea and started to vomit again,she has no temp and is takin fluids but still worried any ideas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What did the dr suggest you do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 suesuss

Thaedydal wrote: »
    What did the dr suggest you do ?

doctor said that it would pass to keep giving fluids but she hasnt eaten only slice of toast yesterday and now vomiting back this is since friday night i tought it be passed by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you are not happy then take her back to the dr.

IS she keeping fluids down and what ever pain meds you are giving her ?
    Did the dr suggest Dioralyte ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 suesuss

Thaedydal wrote: »
    If you are not happy then take her back to the dr.

IS she keeping fluids down and what ever pain meds you are giving her ?
    Did the dr suggest Dioralyte ?

yeah she took the dioralyte seems to have eased the dioreah and she is keeping fluids down im going to contact doctor again if she vomits again this evening she sleeping at minute

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

It could be just a bug so long as she keeping fluids down and hasnt an uncontrollable temp Id let it go for another day or two. I know there was a bug goin around here that my two got vomit and diorreah day1 seemed better day2 then days 3,4,5 were sick again! Only difference they had extremely high temps.

You will know your child best and if you dont think its right go back to doc= better to be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

When you are giving her the fluids make sure shes not gulping it down, let her have an ounce of fluif/dioralyte every 20 mins and that way youve more chance of it staying down.

She'll keep vomitin as long as the bug is in her system so theres nothing you can do about that but keep her hydrated with the dioralyte. I wouldnt worry too much about the not eating, its the drinking that important at the mo.

My 2 yr old last week was vomiting all day sat, once on sun then again on monday. We had to take her into temple street on the mon evening as she was a bit "limpy" and had signs of dehydration. They put her on a drip and she was a different child after that. They said not too worry about the foods for a while, just as long as she was drinking. The next day she wa eating toast!

Trust your own instincts though, if you think she needs medical attention then she probably does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I'd bring her back to the doctor - you're obviously worried about her.

A traditional aid for diarrhoea is plain boiled white rice - but ask your doctor if it's ok to give your child this, of course.

Poor little mite. You're doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

hi, hope your bab is ok

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I know the ops problem is likely to be sorted now, but I wanted to mention.. Younger kids dont often like Dioralyte. I know mine really didnt like it. The doc suggested to me to give them sports drinks, like Lucozade or Club sport to rehydrate them. The only thing you have to watch is to make sure you buy the ones without caffeine. (Ordinary Lucozade or the energise stuff is not recommended!). I found it much easier to get my kids to drink those types of drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Lucozade in a kid with diarrhoea is, by and large, a bad idea. The high sugar content drags fluid into the bowel, and makes the dehydration worse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement