Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents insurance in a rented property

Options
  • 07-04-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and 3 mates are renting a house between us. We were hoping to get the contents insured but have no idea what the story is. I heard it is quite difficult to get cover when you don't own the property.

Can anyone shed any light on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Check with most of the insurance brokers and companies. It's not that hard to get contents only insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Royal Sun Alliance do a safehome for contents only (through brokers), and I think hibernian do it too. Really, if you ring any insurance company, they'll generally point you in the right direction.

As for difficulty? I had mine organised within 3 days (time it took their form to get to me, + send it back).

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

www.123.ie

Got a quote here with Eagle Star as the under writers for contents insurance on my rented apartment for E125 for the year - best price I had come across during research. Got contents insured for E15,000, with an excess of only E125.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Thanks lads!

Advertisement