Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How helpful was your oral examiner??

Options
  • 07-04-2008 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

I had my Irish oral today and I was lucky enough to be the student who got inspected:rolleyes: so no help from the examiner for me........but he helped everyone else!

He stopped the tape for people and asked them if there were any questions they wanted him to ask.

I think it's kinda unfair on the student that does get inspected because the examiner has to follow the guidelines very strictly.
    I still think I did class though:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do you have any idea how hard it is to resist using inuendos to this thread?

edit: crap I already lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

He stopped the tape for people and asked them if there were any questions they wanted him to ask.

are you serious that he stopped the tape, and said 'is there anything you would like to talk about???? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fibonacci23

Jeez that's gas!

Hope we get a french examiner like that next week!! :D

Of course, knowing me, if she asked what i'd like to be asked, i'd more than likely blank, or say something i haven't prepared at all!! Ah!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Seriously? Isn't that like, against the law? Doesn't that give those students an unfair advantage over all the other students in the country? I'm sure it was great and all for the students involved but it's really not very fair.

Or maybe I'm just bitter that my French examiner could've have been a bit more helpful...:-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

My french examiner was really helpfull, she didn't really know what Q's to ask she kept saying just wait a second, overall though she was really nice and made us feel relaxed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

first few said he was a **** but after that people said he was nice.
    Excpet a few who got stuck.

EG one person took a pic of when he went to see ireland play in italy and the examiner said he worked in rome all last summer and so he asked all about italy for the entire exam. They had not prepared for that anyway.

I am in on thursday. Doing pass and I want to get over 40 so Right now I am relaxing and going over my irish for that oral instead.

Advertisement