Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct

Options
  • 07-04-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about getting a car from up north. What is the dealio? Do I have to go book in a test? And how long is the waiting list, and how much is the test? Can I drive the car while not having an NCT, because I can't get tax unless NCT'd
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I believe you need to get it NCTed within a year of import and it then goes on to teh same 'every 2 years from original registration date' - not date of import, so you could be looking at twice in a very short timescale. The test waiting list if you want time flexibility is about 3 weeks in most centres but you can get cancellations quickly at times.

You CAN get tax without an NCT - just need insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Ah right cool. So I can drive it yes?

Advertisement