Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tescos No Quibble Policy

Options
  • 07-04-2008 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Just Bought Bold Liquitabs in tesco, There was an offer on them buy two packs for 6.70 they normally 4.99 each. So went up to pay anyway and when i checked the receipt i didn’t get the offer. So went up to the customer service desk and told them, and a few phone calls later to prove I was right they gave me back the difference. I asked did this qualify for the No Quibble Policy and the girl told me no. Was she right? Heres what the No Quibble Policy says

No Quibble Policy
    Our "No Quibble Policy" is our way of showing customers that we always charge the right prices in our stores. It states that: "in the unlikely event of you being charged a price at the checkouts that is higher that the price mounted on the display, we will give you that item absolutely free and without quibble"

The price on the shelve was two for 6.70, So should I have received the No Quibble Policy? Or is this policy all for show :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Were they saying because you bought two,, the price is €4.99 each and thats what you were charged, if it was more clearly you get them free,, but because it was an offer just get the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

This is how we always interpretted it when i worked there, as per management instructions.
    The no quibble policy only applies to the small S.E.L labels, the larger 'multisaver', etc signs aren't counted.
    If a promotion screws up, you just get back the difference.
    If the base price on the SEL price is wrong, you get the full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Igy wrote: »
    S.E.L

SEL is shelf edge label for those who were fortunate enough never to work in a supermarket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Ya she was saying something about sels alright.. To be honest i didnt have a clue what it ment :rolleyes:.. Cheers for the help guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Tesco are terrible for not putting through the 2 for 1 type offers.

I always check my receipt when I leave to make sure I got it. I've had to go back a few times but in fairness to them, they've always been pretty good at giving me my money back. I don't expect freebies, just to pay the price advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

They are terrible i should know i work there[for my sins].they have the sign at the customer service desk so its out of view you were entitled to the money back all of it which means youshould have got thetuff for free in future tell them you want to see manager as they have more power than the people at the desks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

This happens too often in Tesco. Personally I hate having to check the receipt, and only do so if I think the shopping has come to too much, but I know I should do it everytime. If we all took them up on this No Quibble Guarantee, maybe they'd be a bit more vigilant with the pricing.

Advertisement