Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ikaruga on XBLA

• 07-04-2008 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭

... on Wednesday! Fantastic game, can't wait to see what its like in HD.
    The Japanese arcade hit "Ikaruga" receives the full Xbox LIVE Arcade treatment and is poised to launch on the platform this Wednesday, April 9, 2008 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (1:00 a.m. PDT).

"Ikaruga" is a fast-paced scrolling shooter with a twist - players must constantly switch their ship's polarity to maximize their damage output and avoid incoming enemy fire of the opposite polarity.

"Ikaruga" on Xbox LIVE Arcade features a two-player co-op mode both locally and over Xbox LIVE. Newcomers can also easily bring their skill up to speed by using the game's slow motion training mode.

"Ikaruga" is a perfect combination of beautiful, manga-style storytelling and challenging arcade heroics, all brought to life in a gorgeous HD environment.

Gamers itching to obtain a moment of "Ikaruga" glory will be wise to master the chaining system that detects when enemies of the same polarity are destroyed consecutively. Doing so will reward players with huge score bonuses, which will be key to topping "Ikaruga's" leaderboards.

The ability to relive a particularly harrowing battle is also possible thanks to the game's record and replay function, which is new to the Xbox LIVE Arcade version of the game.

From the Japanese developer Treasure, "Ikaruga" will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.

Independent developer Void Star Creations unveils two new downloadable content packs for their hit Xbox LIVE Arcade title, "Poker Smash" this Wednesday, April 9, 2008 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (1:00 a.m. PDT). The new content includes two Action Mode Environments in the Environment Pack and an additional 15 Puzzles in the Puzzle Pack, giving "Poker Smash" players a total of 13 immersive environments and 70 mind bending puzzles. The "Poker Smash" Environment Pack and Puzzle Pack will each be available for 100 Microsoft Points.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep it really is amazing. I won't be buying it though, took me long enough to get good enough to beat it with 5 credits on the gamecube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Never really gave it a proper go on the cube (but loved what I played of it)
    I'll give it a lash now, hopefully the achievements will help me stick with it when the going gets tough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

this the game with the changing colours and you have to change your ship

the scrolling shooter?

or am i totally off the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thats the one....

Here is a gameplay trailer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Might give it a bash... after my exams of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Couldn't find it on the Cube - so will definitely pick it up now.

"two-player co-op mode both locally and over Xbox LIVE" - W00t!

Now I hope they release the other game I couldn't find (way back when) - the original Jet Set Radio.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope this does well and we see the other Treasure shoot'em ups. Radiant Silvergun and Gradius V on xbox live arcade would be just wonderful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mr E wrote: »
    Thats the one....

Here is a gameplay trailer...

I kind of skipped through that, but whoever is playing sucks even more than me!
    They don't even change colours once from what I watched

tman wrote: »
    I kind of skipped through that, but whoever is playing sucks even more than me!
    They don't even change colours once from what I watched

Yep they are absolutely dreadful. Even a shmup chimp like me was starting to chain the first level on my second go through it and I did change colour a least.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I got sh1t hot at this on Cube. That was years ago, mind you, so I'm sh1te again at it.

Probably the best designed shooter I've played, pure genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

might pick it up when i get home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I have it on the DC. Was never particularly good at it (I don't think I got past level 2). Maybe I'll progress a bit further with online co-op:)

Vyse wrote: »
    I have it on the DC. Was never particularly good at it (I don't think I got past level 2). Maybe I'll progress a bit further with online co-op:)

Co-op is really just a novelty because it doesn't really work. It's obvious when you play it that the game was designed from the ground up as single player game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

always wanted to play this game, looks fantastic but didn't get a chance to cos my dreamcast broke. Gonna pick up a 360 in a couple of weeks so will likely get it then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Why on earth is it only available in demo mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Why on earth is it only available in demo mode?

I was wondering the same thing earlier. Read the first post and all will be revealed!

Advertisement