Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pioneer headunits

Options
  • 07-04-2008 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get one of these. Some of the lower models down the scale are quite cheap.

I'm buying off the net so don't have the chance to inspect up close.....

I'm actually looking at this one (Pioneer DEH-2950MP CD/MP3) for about e80. (see attached)

Anybody have one of these...I'm going to just go ahead and buy it if nobody has.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I haven't that model, but have had 4 or 5 different pioneer head-units ranging from cheap to expensive and they all give very good sound quality.

None of them gave me a moments trouble either!

EDIT: Make sure it isn't an american import, you'll have trouble with the radio reception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The cheapest Pioneers don't have MOSFET amps and don't sound as good.. I would avoid them. It used be the case that they all had them (it was Pioneer's distinguishing feature), but last time I looked the cheapest 2 or 3 models didn't have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

JHMEG wrote: »
    The cheapest Pioneers don't have MOSFET amps and don't sound as good.. I would avoid them. It used be the case that they all had them (it was Pioneer's distinguishing feature), but last time I looked the cheapest 2 or 3 models didn't have them.

The one I'm looking at does have MOSFET amps. Do the lower models look cheap though...I don't want cheap looking plastic and finnicky buttons.

Advertisement