Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifty Seven Days and Counting...

Options
  • 07-04-2008 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Well, It's fifty seven days till our leaving cert....anyone else crapping themselves yet?

I got 325 points in my pre's....do you think I could realistically bring that up to 400 in the next 57 days?

Best of luck to all those doing their Irish and French Orals soon!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

leelum wrote: »
    Well, It's fifty seven days till our leaving cert....anyone else crapping themselves yet?

I got 325 points in my pre's....do you think I could realistically bring that up to 400 in the next 57 days?

Best of luck to all those doing their Irish and French Orals soon!

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

i got 80 points in mine :confused::eek:
    ah well. orals this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 leelum

Wow :P

Hmm....You musn't have studied much =P Still, 80 is better than 0!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Got 400 spot on and i need 455!!:o

I did fairly poorly in all 3 ord level subjects so i reckon i can pull them up quite a bit adding a few more points as well as Geo and French, but i also relied on a very high English grade which i doubt I'll repeat in the real thing *cough*A1*cough* ;)

i do 3 ord level subjects so its quiet hard to get that high considering i can only get 530 max (LCVP)!!

Is there any hope?

I'd say there is! And anyway, 400 is really good =D Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

57? Ah nuts will this year ever end?

It's fairly crappy year all right =(

But, none the less, it opens a lot of great oppertunity's for us all =P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

i got 440 in my pre and i want 500, but if i got 450 upwards i'd be delighted

but i think people would be better off studying instead of talking about what points they want online:)

*yawns*

Who's to say we arn't studying while taking minor breaks every while to post on here or talk on MSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Managed 420 in my pre's. Need 440 so I'm happy with that

• Advertisement

Cool =) Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

leelum wrote: »
    *yawns*

Who's to say we arn't studying while taking minor breaks every while to post on here or talk on MSN?

is that really -effective- studying though? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

All I can say is thank god I didnt have any access to the internet for 6th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Overheal wrote: »
    All I can say is thank god I didnt have any access to the internet for 6th year.

I wish i hadn't!!!!!!

Pfft the internet rocks =P Its all about controll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

I think a rise of 75 points is definately manageable at 325 points!!! If you were at 500 it would be fairly impossible at this stage!

The internet steals sooooo much time from study!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

I got 485 in the mocks but I want more...

even though I need like....435.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 muiltede

Has anyone else just not actually really started studying yet? Like I did OK in the mocks, got 420 and I only need 340, did my Irish oral yesterday and got on grand, not too worried about French, got my History project under control... I just haven't actually sat down and studied yet. And to be honest I probably won't til after the French next week. Maybe it hasn't hit me yet and I'm in for a fall, but is anyone else just not really pushed yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Billy the Kid98

Word of warning: I got more points in my pre's than in my actually leaving cert.
    Just because you got over what you need in the pre's dosnt mean youre sailing.
    Its going to be sunny outside soon so get the study in now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

aw i actually managed to make a time table for my self for the last 6 weeks.. well 5 weeks now in school :D hopefullly it works..
    Got 510 in the mocks need like 555 - 560 - 570 :( course was predicted to go up in points.. argh :( doing one extra subject for the lc.. hope that will bring everything up :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

Yuugib, what's your first course choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

I got 190 in the mocks and I want around 280-300 in the LC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I got 370 and need 405, thats 35points like, my parents aren't happy at all, I was but im not so sure now like, im doing a lot of work

Am I right in thinking that 35points more isnt much?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I need 60 points more and I was taking it very handy before the mocks, im trying pretty hard now though and i will ahve no problem making up 60 points imo

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Riotguy wrote: »
    Yuugib, what's your first course choice?

aw me hoping to do actuarial studies in ucd.. its been 555 for the last couple of years.. hopefully it wont go up by much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭armbruster

Every time I watch a film, listen/play music, read a non school book, I find my mind sliding back to the leaving cert. Every time I try to relax, I can't stop worrying about the lc. I cant enjoy anything, and wont wont unitl after 18th June.
    I hope to God all my hard work pays off - today for example - 40 pages of pure French learnt off for a short ten minute oral,

and I still messed up a bit. I made up the word "opportunite" when saying there are a lot of opportunities for working abroad. How stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I need to improve by 190 points, so basically I haven't a hope of getting my first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I need to improve by 190 points, so basically I haven't a hope of getting my first choice.

Well not with that attitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

i got 485 in my xmas exams. i need 450 for engineering in TCD. Do you think 485 would be enough to get a place in tcd engineering? will the points rise?

oh and do you think i could bring that 450 up to 500?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Peleus wrote: »
    i got 485 in my xmas exams. i need 450 for engineering in TCD. Do you think 485 would be enough to get a place in tcd engineering? will the points rise?

oh and do you think i could bring that 450 up to 500?
    Well going from what I've heard (need to come up 35 myself), if you keep up the good work you shouldn't have a problem,

As long as you don't get lazy and think since you got the points in the pre that you will in the LC, of course if your working as hard you could very easily bring that 485 to 500.

Advertisement