Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifty Seven Days and Counting...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

1huge1 wrote: »
    Well going from what I've heard (need to come up 35 myself), if you keep up the good work you shouldn't have a problem,

As long as you don't get lazy and think since you got the points in the pre that you will in the LC, of course if your working as hard you could very easily bring that 485 to 500.

sweet. i am working alot harder than i was at xmas, so my points should rise. i guess i'm just nervous and i'm not really confident in my ability for some reason. Cheers for the boost of confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Peleus wrote: »
    oh and do you think i could bring that 450 up to 500?

I hope you can cos I need to bring 430 up 90 points for engineering!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya im wondering myself whats the average people have to come up, im hearing a lot of people around my school saying they need about 70 more points.

And the average student comes up about 80 from pre to leaving (from what I've heard, if someone could clarify that...)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Well.. if you re in D's, C's then it is quite possible to go into B's, so very likely you will get your 80 points. But say if you are in B's then its going to be a lot harder to jump to A's and get more points in that case:(
    Correct me if im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Yuugib wrote: »
    Well.. if you re in D's, C's then it is quite possible to go into B's, so very likely you will get your 80 points. But say if you are in B's then its going to be a lot harder to jump to A's and get more points in that case:(
    Correct me if im wrong.

true, unless you have been getting Ds all your life and have never seen an A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

I got 535 in the mocks. I'd say I'll get way less than that in the Leaving though, not being a Debbie Downer or anything.

I knew what was coming up for Biology, as my teacher told us everything, and I had a vague idea for everything else except for Irish, Business and Maths (but I'm doing O). I didn't particularly want to know, and tried to hear as little as I could, but it was inescapable in our school. So basically I knew Iago was there, I knew obesity and fears were in French, I knew the Nazis weren't coming up... That's pretty much it.

And the papers aren't really a foolproof guide to what a real Leaving paper will look like anyway, so the results aren't an acid test of your points in August.

I have to start studying. I think after the orals I'm just going to have at it.

I know exactly what that poster a few posts up was talking about. I haven't sat down and studied properly yet. It's probably too late now. It's all very depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

I got 400 in my mocks and I need 300 for my course.

Nevertheless there were Cs in accounting and maths there that I intend to bring up to As.

I can't WAIT till this is all over, or even to get stuck into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Casserine

I got 530 in the Mocks which I was delighted with. Like the guy a few posts above, I knew a little bit of what was coming up; my teacher said Iago was coming up in English and I knew the Irish stories, but that was it. My first course doesn't have points yet (new English course in Maynooth) but when I went to the Open Day, the Department Head predicted they'd be mid-400s, so I think (hope) I'll be okay. I want to break 500 points in the real thing, just as a personal challenge, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

lolz 1000 euro challenge i might just say ;);)

Advertisement