Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying Lesson vouchers?

• 07-04-2008 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know the website or prices for fixed wing flying lesson vouchers in Waterford airport? Its for a mate's birthday.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Fixed wing is significantly easier and cheaper than helicopter. I know which one I'd be getting him! No prices on me atm, but it's something I'd be interested in.

http://www.pilottraining.ie/ is their web address, but it seems more geared toward professional pilots rather than civvies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

I believe you can get vouchers for flying there as well. They had a stand in city square at Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Mini wrote: »
    I believe you can get vouchers for flying there as well. They had a stand in city square at Christmas.

One of my mates went on one of those flights along the coast as far as Dungarvan and then over the Comeraghs, he was amazed by the scenery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

I had an introductory flying lesson a couple of years ago, but it was with http://www.waterfordaeroclub.com/ not the pilot training school who are also based at Waterford airport.
    We flew in this.

EL-DJM.jpg

I got quite a shock when after taxiing to the start of the runway, the instructor calmly told me to take the controls and take off:eek:
    Apparently in good weather its commonplace, it's the landing that's the difficult bit.
    A great experience and well worth the €80.00
    Heres a good view of the city.

Cityffomtheair.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sm123_irl

Definitely go for the aeroclub their instructors are really friendly and will make it really enjoyable

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Could never do it. Im bad enough as a passenger, id **** myself as a driver!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Billy the Kid98

I did this in waterford airport, think it cost about E100, It was absolutly class. Amazing how small waterford is when you live there all your life then see it from that high.
    Didnt even care about the flying tbh as my face was stuck up against the window the whole time.
    Tell him to make sure to go on a fine sunny day.

Also the plane was really dinky ie you could see out the space between where the door met the bodywork, and it had a cigarette lighter in it!

Advertisement