Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silkwood band! whats the story ?

Options
  • 07-04-2008 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

:confused:hi whats the story with silkwood the band?
    is it true they are breaking up?

[MODEDIT]No, they're not breaking up - lineup's changing[/MODEDIT]

what happens re weddings booked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

WHAT??!!? No way is this band breaking up!!! Nooooooooo!!! It's like Take That all over again!! And speaking of take that... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 scousej

As far as I can make out, the two main members of the band have left and have been replaced. Silkwood is still going but I think wont be the same! We have them booked for our wedding but are thinking of changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

They are still around as they are playing at a Corinthians RFC Benefit Night soon.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Yes Silkwood as we know it are gone! Declan and Paul have left and Brian and company (still in silkwood) are being less than helpful in allowing people to cancel their bookings!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Optimist

Would anyone happen to know what Declan and Paul's new band is called?

• Advertisement

Jive Buddies if I recall. I'll try and confirm it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Optimist

Thx a mill :D
    Just googled and your're right!

Yep. I can confirm that they are called Jive Buddies.

Be sure to check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

yeah we cancelled silkwood for our wedding and changed with declan and paul.there new band jive buddies are very good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 petermartyn1

yeah we cancelled silkwood for our wedding and changed with declan and paul.there new band jive buddies are very good

Went to see jive buddies last night at salthill hotel - Yawn very dull perfect for an old folks party maybe . They looked exausted and did very old boring songs . Not lively at all .I myself nearly fell asleep.
    Upon Leaving I heard that the new Silkwood are there next Sunday night .

It's my Local so I will report back next week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tomdaman

Isnt it true boneyarsebogman that your father is paul from jivebuddies meaning that you are being less than honest in your posts and comments

Jive Buddies if I recall. I'll try and confirm it though.
    Yep. I can confirm that they are called Jive Buddies.

Be sure to check them out.
    tomdaman wrote: »
    Isnt it true boneyarsebogman that your father is paul from jivebuddies meaning that you are being less than honest in your posts and comments

Thats my post and comments. I just confirmed their name and nothing more. Whether or not I'm related is a completely different topic whatsoever. And I'd ask you not to bring my personal life on here. If you have some issue, pm me.

Even still wouldn't you think I'd create an alter-account if i was trying to advertise them? I'm totally aware that my bebo link is in my sig. Also I am even more aware that advertising is against forum rules- so if you re-read my previous comment you will see that I editted it - taking out a URL i posted as it could be seen as being a shill.

Well boneyarse My point of which you are well aware is to do with your comment.........Jive Buddies if I recall. I'll try and confirm it though.....
    you are well aware without pretending to check anything out who your father is playing with and it is completly relevant to the thread when you not me brings your private life into it by pretending that you are in impartial observer.

Well boneyarse My point of which you are well aware is to do with your comment.........Jive Buddies if I recall. I'll try and confirm it though.....
    you are well aware without pretending to check anything out who your father is playing with and it is completly relevant to the thread when you not me brings your private life into it by pretending that you are in impartial observer.

See, you're just making assumptions.

I could not remember what their new band was called. So I confirmed that their name was Jive Buddies. No point in giving a wrong answer, is there?

And how was I pretending to be an impartial observer? I merely commented that their name was Jive Buddies (thus answering the question that was posed). Any idiot can click on my bebo link and join the dots. And now if you have something else to say, please say it over pm. I've answered your question here.

I was born at night you know but it wasn't last night,you would think that after almost 4000 posts you would be better at this and regarding an alter ego to promote dadys band,didnt you say you already tried but the comments were deleted,come on you must have more than that,let me be the one to have the honour of making you post point number 3900.

I was born at night you know but it wasn't last night,you would think that after almost 4000 posts you would be better at this and regarding an alter ego to promote dadys band,didnt you say you already tried but the comments were deleted,come on you must have more than that,let me be the one to have the honour of making you post point number 3900.

3900. Yay.

Now. Ok. Re-read the comment. re-read the subscript. See the italic writing: Last edited by boneyarsebogman; 26-06-2008 at 23:26. Reason: URL removed - could be seen as advertising

You can't change that. It says who edited and they can't change the name. See the name beside it? Yes. It's my own one. I edited my own posts. Why? Advertising is banned and I thought it could be seen as such.

Now, you seem like a smart enough person. Why, oh why, would I need to advertise them? Why, oh why, would they need advertising. Will I give you a little hint? Word. Of. Mouth. They don't need anything else.

Tom, you obviously have some sort of problem with my father's band or my father. Shall I give you a hint to something? Lean close now, so I can say it quietly.

I am not my father. Take you problems elsewhere and honestly, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Oh, and one more thing, friend. You're on my ignore list as of now so there's no point in replying as .. I can't read it.

who do you think you are kidding,almost 4000 posts,a serial poster,no life outside the keyboard, you couldnt ignore this if you tried,anyway its for the other genuine people I am pointing out the obvious flaws in your posts,Its hard enough to find a good wedding band without this crap.You should stop digging now.

who do you think you are kidding,almost 4000 posts,a serial poster,no life outside the keyboard, you couldnt ignore this if you tried,anyway its for the other genuine people I am pointing out the obvious flaws in your posts,Its hard enough to find a good wedding band without this crap.You should stop digging now.

4000 posts in 3 years? Oh wow. I have no life.

Despite my full time job, my college education and my girlfriend, I am on boards all the time. And, not that it matters, I was alerted about this thread by other people.

How was there any flaws in my posts? I answered a question that had been posed by somebody. If you are finding it hard to find a good wedding band, then that is your own issue.

And, friend, I should advise you to watch what you say. Ever heard of such a thing as slander?

I told you that you couldnt resist and now we all know how much faith we should have in what you say

I told you that you couldnt resist and now we all know how much faith we should have in what you say

Resist what? Defending myself? Now, just to let you know you've also personally abused me. So I'll just say adious.

Read the forum charter before posting:

# 3. Abusive posts to other members (flaming, baiting etc.)
    # 4. Blatently dragging threads off-topic

• Advertisement

your college education should tell you that there is no U in adios and you wont leave until I get bored which is starting to happen.Adios

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Shows over folks, lets move on.

tomdaman: Since you clearly know the poster personally, how about you grow some balls and talk to him face to face instead of deraling this thread and trolling? Honestly, signing up an account to poke fun at someone you know is the lamest thing iv ever came across.

Fair enough,I have made my point and don't want to bother anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Wedding bands?
    Fscking Wedding Bands??

:rolleyes:
    Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement