Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teh toilet seat

Options
  • 07-04-2008 7:53pm
    Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭

Ladies, this is something that baffles me. And with this one, I want your honest opinions. . . .

Why do woman HATE when a dude (be it your brother/father/partner/male friend) leaves the toilet seat up??

Whats the big deal??

I'm a girl, and I have to be honest and say it doesnt bother me whatsoever. At the end of the day, you never hear the guys moaning about putting the toilet seat UP after us now do ya??

So here I am. . defending the Boys. . . so be honest with me ladies. . .

Comments

My mother hates it when people leave the toilet seat down....she is thinks it is just asking for the seat to be peed on.

Irish men are filthy toilet pigs......central europeans ftw tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are two parts to the toliet sets, the seat part which is a ring and the lid.
    The lid is ment to be closed before it's flushed its that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Coz when they leave it down they pee all over it, as oone male does in my house, then walks away and leaves it for someone else to clean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I don't care weather its up or down, i just care that they clean it after them, if they miss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I thought the point was to piss all over it when it's down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

Jaysus, that's awful. Have you tried threathening him with violence..? Heaven's knows I would, common decency ffs.
    I agree with Thaedydal, put both lids down when you're done. It aint that hard.
    But if you are going to be stubborn and not put down anything, or just one, at least make sure to wipe before you leave.
    Clean as you go and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Thaedydal wrote: »
    There are two parts to the toliet sets, the seat part which is a ring and the lid.
    The lid is ment to be closed before it's flushed its that simple.
    But then you don't get to see the cool swirly water patterns!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Jaysus, that's awful. Have you tried threathening him with violence..? Heaven's knows I would, common decency ffs.
    I agree with Thaedydal, put both lids down when you're done. It aint that hard.
    But if you are going to be stubborn and not put down anything, or just one, at least make sure to wipe before you leave.
    Clean as you go and the like.

Tried everything, in a house full of girls and one guy that dosent clean up its rather irritating. I might just put in some cherrios and tell him to aim for them, maybe he wont miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Zeppie

Being 8 and a half months pregnant at the moment makes this a little different for me.

When I get up first things and I REALLY need to pee its difficult if the seat is up (bending over to perform this simple task could mean a mess on the bathroom floor!) hence why I have asked the male population of our house to try and remember to leave it down when finished.

I'd be the same if the lid was left down.

In my non heavily pregnant state tho I really couldn't give a rats, once its cleaned should there be any messes then I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Once used the toilet after my sister and the ring was covered in pee. I don't know how she managed it. Don't want to either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Because if the seat and lid are up, it means the previous user didnt close them while flushing. This is incredibly unhygenic as during the flushing process tiny spores of the excretions mixed with loo water land all over the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

You have to touch the toilet seat! Jesus! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Good manners basically. No big deal to pop down the lid.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Wibbs wrote: »
    Good manners basically. No big deal to pop down the lid.

Would the Ladies consider leaving the Toilet seat up when they're done?. Perhaps after the Flushing has been completed even?.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Blackjack wrote: »
    Would the Ladies consider leaving the Toilet seat up when they're done?. Perhaps after the Flushing has been completed even?.
    Seat or lid?

Gordon wrote: »
    Seat or lid?

Seat. Is this not the point?. Why does the seat have to be left down?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A box of matches is a cheap handy air freshener to have around the bathroom / toilet to :D

Blackjack wrote: »
    Seat. Is this not the point?. Why does the seat have to be left down?.
    You were quoting Wibbs who was talking about the lid.

Gordon wrote: »
    You were quoting Wibbs who was talking about the lid.

Well if you figure out a way to leave the Toilet Seat up but the lid down do let us know.

Turn it upside down.

• Advertisement

Well wouldn't that go down a treat with the Ladies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

[McBain]Did you ever notice how men leave de toilet seat aap? Dats de joke.[/McBain]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

When the seat is up everyone can see the underside, which is often more difficult to clean/forgotten during cleaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

''If You Sprinkle When You Tinkle Be A Sweety And Wipe The Seatie''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Tried everything, in a house full of girls and one guy that dosent clean up its rather irritating. I might just put in some cherrios and tell him to aim for them, maybe he wont miss

I have your solution puddleduck - make it widely known in your house that apparently men with small penises have trouble with accuracy wheras men with big schlongs never seem to spray the seat. Regardless of how much he protests that that is bollocks be adamant that you believe it to be true. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

Drift wrote: »
    I have your solution puddleduck - make it widely known in your house that apparently men with small penises have trouble with accuracy wheras men with big schlongs never seem to spray the seat. Regardless of how much he protests that that is bollocks be adamant that you believe it to be true. :D

yep, or kick him in the balls next time. what an arsehole.

as a bloke tho, i have to say that the toilets in work are gross, with guys not flushing and filling the thing with toilet roll. why?!
    any public toilet has piss all over the seat.
    i dont see why blokes are unable to wipe up if they do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gcgirl wrote: »
    ''If You Sprinkle When You Tinkle Be A Sweety And Wipe The Seatie''

+1

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I presume you all wash your hands after a spray and thump then?? teeheehee:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I notice how Women always complain about the state of a toilet after a man has used it. I have come across a lot of terrible Ladies toilets in my time. Piss on the seats, used toilet roll all over the floor, scud all over the bowl and tampons and pads not disposed of properly. Who are these people? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Wondsock, Totally agree with you!!! Woman are the dirtiest ever!! My mate is a lingerie consultant and the stories she comes out with. I even see it myself as I work in the HSE so I see all sorts. Woman are dirtier then men

Advertisement