Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Glenview gym

Options
  • 07-04-2008 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is anyone a member in the glenview gym and if so what is it like? I don't want to join J Skellys but want somewhere to use at off peak times. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Hi there.

Was a member a few years ago but was driven insane by the amount of swimming classes they ran. Every time I was there the changing rooms and showers were over-run with little girls, little boys and their mothers. It was hard to find a spot to get changed quietly.

It also needed a bit of a facelift but that might have been done since I've been up there.

Hope that helps, sorry to be negative but I wish someone had told me about the swimming etc. before I joined.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

We have just got a family membership recently (although I haven't been as yet!) But I believe it is very nice (especially the pool and spa areas). I have only heard good reports and it has recently been upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Thanks to you both - I'll go up and have a look. The kids thing might be a bit much during their holidays though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

The gym in the Marriot is lovely. Think it's more or less teh same as the Glenview and they don't have family memberships because they don't want too many kids there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 decokiernan

Wingding, how much are you paying for the marriot? We were quoted 1500 per year for a couple. No joiners fee if you pay cash up front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

Ah I didn't join in the end. Went to Glenview and Marroit to check out the facilities and all I remember is there wasn't much difference between the price of the 2. In the end I decided I'd rather do my exercise outdoors. Which as it happens occurs very rarely!:rolleyes:

Advertisement