Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Del Sol to Type R replica

Options
  • 07-04-2008 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey all,

Whats the best way to go about fixing up a del sol civic into a type R lookalike. Obviously for body details its impossible to completly convert it but It is possible to do some configurations. Anyway if anyone has done this before or has any knowledge of the whereabouts I can get the headlight conversions, I'd be greatful.
    Cheers

As an example, take a look at this:220870_23_full.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

zero19 wrote: »
    ?
    Seconded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DecoX

In accordance to these two comments, I'm assuming the reason they are confused is because when i first posted this I accidentally posted the words "hey all" only. So If that be the case I apologise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Theres no headlight conversion available.

You need the parts from an EK Civic - headlights, bonnet and wings and a few other bits, and a bodyshop who are half decent. The front of the EK wings need to be cut off, front of the Sol wings need to be chopped too, and welded together.

Don't like it at all - it don't flow right. The EG front end on the Sol looks alot better imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

DecoX wrote: »
    As an example, take a look at this:220870_23_full.jpg

very doubtful there would be anything off the shelve that would make a conversion like this easy. Probably only something that should be attempted by someone who works in a body shop. Or is loaded.( and likes to spend there money on white hondas.) Basically you'd need to find a rear ended type r, get a job in bodyshop, and some filler,add some more filler, and there ya go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

just buy a real type r :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Actually it was the Type R Celica in the background that confused me.

Next week: how do I make a Volkswagen Beetle look like an X5?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

what i want to know is why would somebody do that to a celica???
    as a celica driver the reason behind buyin one for most people is to get away from the big H head jap import!!! looks like he is trying to make it look like a teg!! shame on him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DecoX

well as for the celica i see plenty of em around looking like that and it really puts ya off the car. imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

am i the only one that thinks the celica looks nice, aside from the black bonnet?

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    am i the only one that thinks the celica looks nice, aside from the black bonnet?

yea i think its grand. bonnet is minging obviously though.
    just cos its white doesnt mean the owner wanted a honda

as a white celica owner i most def. was not trying to look like a honda owner!!! i jst dont like the zzt the lines on it are way too sharp!!! bonnet is crap looking on any car imo and them wheels are sh1t

the celica gt4 is a savage in white...would jump on one of them if i could get insured..maybe in a year or so

iv an ssII and insurance wasn't that bad! surley if you were getting insured on the legacy you could on a gt4

maybe ur right ste... whats the gt4, 2.0 litre two stage twin turbo aswell isnt it?

990252_20080402070431_2.jpg

Tbh im not a big fan of celicas, in aprticular the new shaped ones, but thats a stunning motor.. might sell my euro r and buy one of them

yeah 2l turbo! tink there is a 2.2 aswell

scratch my last statement, picked up the euro r last night, the car is immaculate. absolutly love it! lovely to drive. its getting kept!!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    scratch my last statement, picked up the euro r last night, the car is immaculate. absolutly love it! lovely to drive. its getting kept!!

stick upa few picks of her!

check out my subaru legacy topic

• Advertisement
Advertisement