Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New version of Trackmania Nations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I just seen it on IGN, looking forward to it! :D

Streaming video trailer here:
    http://www.tm-united.com/trailers/tmnf/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hopefully no Starforce :D Bet it will have it though :(

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

awesome games.

kdjac

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

\o/

Graphics and Gameplay in the original are still amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

They doing anything new this time?

All the previous ones were excellent, but theres only so many times you can do the same thing in a different car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

TMNations was more like the same car in a thousand different tracks :)

Found this old thread while doing a search,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054886050&referrerid=&highlight=Trackmania+Nations

Someone beat the best time and bump the thread! :D

I thought this deserved a bump - TM Nations Forever has been released :)
    If you have Trackmania United you can download a 900MB update that graphically overhauls the trackmania original stuff (desert, snow, etc) as well as bringing compatibility with TM Nations Forever - i.e. you can play on Forever servers with United :)

http://www.trackmania.com/en/index.php?lang=en&rub=news_info&id=92

The standalone TM Nations Forever download is available here: http://files.filefront.com/TrackMania+Nations+Forever+Free+Full+Game/;10013754;/fileinfo.html
    There's probably better mirrors around. It weighs in at 504MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Right i downloaded it but im wondering is it worth downloading the other two to add variety

The other two what? Trackmania United/Sunrise/original aren't free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Never played one before but heard great things, so its downloading in Steam right now. Looking foward to it.
    EDIT: Just played it there for a while. Great fun!

Feck it!!! It doesn't work on NTL for me (P2P blocking) and I can't remember the work around I used to use?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Downloaded it today and played it for a bit. Improves on the last version in every area, it's such a good game. My only gripe is with the pointless dirt track sections. Hopefully when the servers start getting populated with custom tracks people will phase the dirt bits out.

My tag is 'lenigma'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Downloaded it today and played it for a bit. Improves on the last version in every area, it's such a good game.

In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    In what way?

The menus are designed much better this time around. Finding servers is much smoother and easier too, more information displayed this time round before you click join. The graphics look a lot better than last time. The cars handle pretty much the same, but there's not much room for improvement there tbh. The track editor is now much more comprehensive, and there are new blocks. A few of the custom tracks I've played already were really amazing.

Then there is the addition of the slidey dirt track, which I initially hated but I'm slowly coming to like. You can't really speed on them but sliding around the corners (when you get it right) is pretty satisfying.

Also there is a bit of compatability with TMU now in that you can race against those players and import more models and skins.

[edit]I somehow forgot to mention that it's even faster this time around as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Cannot download this before exams...Not in final year!!! Afterwards though for sure :)

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

First time playing TMN. Tis a bit of fun. Usually on teh UIS server. Tag is Kinetic_

Any tips or tricks in this? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Slow in, fast out - often as close to the apex as you can get...

Watch some other racers or watch for huge gaps in timing - on some tracks there are shortcuts...

In the air - accelerate will dip the nose of the car while brake will tilt it upwards (and slow you down mid-air).

Powerslides can be the fastest way around some corners...

I don't think wallrides are beneficial in any way (could be wrong though)

These are some of the things from TM: Nations but I'm sure the same rules apply!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Started last night/late this morning for my first time on TM and met 2 nice irish fellows on a server and another irish fellow on another server. we we're playing until 8 am haha. god its addictive. my name on it is SoulStealer if anybody sees me around.

Unreal.ie have an irish server up, which is nice. Spent a couple of hours on it last night :)

• Advertisement

Stephen wrote: »
    Unreal.ie have an irish server up, which is nice. Spent a couple of hours on it last night :)

Aye was on there myself, good crack.

Having trouble getting the medals above gold, fricking hard :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Any tips or tricks in this? :pac:

Always stay as low as possible on wallrides, lightly tap brake in mid air to straighten out your car, and watch how good drivers race the track.

My in-game nick is Toasty Ghost

Dregon wrote: »
    Always stay as low as possible on wallrides, lightly tap brake in mid air to straighten out your car, and watch how good drivers race the track.

My in-game nick is Toasty Ghost

Added you to my buddy list.

Been working on these single player race thingys. Managed to get up to 2nd in Ireland in the medal rankings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I have Trackmania United but never played it as I lent my bro my wheel, I'll have to get it back and give it a go

Managed to get up to 2nd in Ireland in the medal rankings.

Heh, I'm first :P

Has anyone tried that 60 lap endurance race? Can't see myself playing the same race for an hour....

Dregon wrote: »
    Heh, I'm first :P

Has anyone tried that 60 lap endurance race? Can't see myself playing the same race for an hour....

Aye, I had a quick look at it. Not for a while anyway.

Oh and you ain't No.1 anymore. I'm still at 2nd, not sure who's first. :pac:

Woohoo! Up to 42nd now! :D

You gotta start somewhere :p

Oh and you ain't No.1 anymore. I'm still at 2nd, not sure who's first. :pac:

Yeah I just noticed that now :( Where do you check the solo ranking tables for ireland?

EDIT: Back first again after winning 3 medals :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

nice one, says im 56th out of all the irish, not bad for a few hours!

• Advertisement

Another Irish server is up. The name however escapes me atm. :rolleyes:

Advertisement