Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New version of Trackmania Nations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Jst heard of this game yesterday. Very good game and amazingly it's free! Was playing last nite around 11pm, I remember there was a columbian maybe coloured car. I'm not so good though, 1065th ranking, name Antirip ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I play this sometimes, nick is brim4brim. I've played a few Irish people, don't know if it was anyone from here. Feel free to add me to your buddy list (do I have to add other people to my list too or how does the buddy system work?)

Its fun. I'm 116th in Ireland and I can't remember in the world :D

I'm still moving up, just not had time to play it, GTA4 and other games ya know how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The server was setup by the Irish Pirates, few of us playing it last night. Good crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

What are the tracks like (or the most played ones at least)? Especially in comparison to Trackmania Nations...I may just jump straight into online in a couple of days and learn as I go!

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    What are the tracks like (or the most played ones at least)? Especially in comparison to Trackmania Nations...I may just jump straight into online in a couple of days and learn as I go!

I've not played the other versions so can't comment. I'm still trying to get all the nadeo medals in the solo play, some of them are extremely tough though. :o

• Advertisement

Damn damn damn! Got suckered in...Already played all (bar the two locked) white tracks, some of the next level and a little online!

Great variation in the tracks and a lot of work put into the surrounding area...Dirt tracks are interesting - strange having the back of the car step out :) Thankfully the beginner tracks are better than Nations (straight line, straight line + kink, straight line + corner).

Not too sure about the freewheel sections though! Whole game made very accessible and very central - buddly list, vote on tracks after a race, etc. Nice to see Ireland there too. Must get a Boards game going some time!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Damn damn damn! Got suckered in...Already played all (bar the two locked) white tracks, some of the next level and a little online!

Great variation in the tracks and a lot of work put into the surrounding area...Dirt tracks are interesting - strange having the back of the car step out :) Thankfully the beginner tracks are better than Nations (straight line, straight line + kink, straight line + corner).

Not too sure about the freewheel sections though! Whole game made very accessible and very central - buddly list, vote on tracks after a race, etc. Nice to see Ireland there too. Must get a Boards game going some time!

good idea, would be great to have a boardsie tournament or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

do you need a wheel for this, has anyone got a link to the free download ?

*cough

LanParty.ie is in the process of developing a ruleset :)

A list of nicks would be good too to add to buddies - or servers where ye play
    I'm Sabre0001 (pretty easy to track in general!). Only just starting really but Unreal.ie is on the favourites list already...

MooseJam - It's in the Steam store anyway...Also here: http://www.trackmania.com/en/index.php?lang=en&rub=downloads I think
    No need for a wheel - keyboard works well...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

I'd be up for a tournament, or even just a gather:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yep, I'm addicted! I knew it was going to happen...Two more exams and then I go pro :p

Good fun on the Irish servers too and it's pretty cool to see some familiar names up on the scoreboards.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

haha yup gg's. I use Spunog for tm

Ah yeah, I played you alright!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 davidorgan

I've played both spunog and sabre here. Great game, so addictive. More ppl join ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Can you play as Ireland in this yet or what? Was pretty pissed off they didn't include Ireland in it in the original.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Can you play as Ireland in this yet or what? Was pretty pissed off they didn't include Ireland in it in the original.

Yeah you can. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

esSpoono wrote: »
    haha yup gg's. I use Spunog for tm
    I played you as well , like the custom paint job on your car:)
    I'm on as Mister Bob..

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

As Kinetic said, you can...The reason Ireland did not feature in the original is because it featured countries who compete in the ESWC (as that was what the game was purposefully designed for) - so that game included flags, colours and anthems for those selected countries...

Anthems have been taken out this time and it has been opened up to all!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Gettin it now, love college download speeds!

Really should be studying....

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Gettin it now, love college download speeds!

Really should be studying....

Take it from me, it makes the game better :)

🤪

• Advertisement

Do you need the full game to view other people's custom paint jobs?

What exactly does teh full game get you? :confused:

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Do you need the full game to view other people's custom paint jobs?

What exactly does teh full game get you? :confused:

You don't - there should be an option (somewhere) to enable custom cars or paintjobs...Then you have to hope for people to be moving slow enough to see them (of course Kinetic is MILES off in front, Mr. Professional :p). That lad, TomSawyer has a custom car for example.

Full game is different tracks, cars, etc. The free version only has the "Stadium" setting and the patch enabled the full-game owners to play against us but only in that setting...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No you don't. You need the full game for others to see YOUR custom paint job. If you can see somebody's custom paintwork/car model then they've got a full version of TM United/united forever. Full game gets you a bunch of other environments and cars which handle totally differently. Tbh the stadium cars handle the best, the "coast" ones are terrible. They go around corners like aircraft carriers.

I actually like the car in the free version. Handles pretty well. Having spent a while playing Forza, playing TMNF where's it just brake, accelerate and turn is refreshing and less mind numbing.

Tbh when I get teh cash, I'll probably buy the full game even if I won't play it all that much. I certainly don't feel obliged to do it but they've put together a hell of a game and released it for free so I'd gladly support them. (someone post up the price there actually, hopefully I don't have to re-mortgage to buy it :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You'll probably find it in a bargain bin somewhere for a fiver. Then you can upgrade to TM United Forever for free. I downloaded it from Metaboli a couple of months ago for about €18 when steam was selling it for $39.99+tax :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

cool free for download through steam, I always find these late

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Just found this game. I already fear for my marrige based on how much time I wasted on it last night :)

Was there ever a Bordsie Night set up ?

Ponster wrote: »
    Just found this game. I already fear for my marrige based on how much time I wasted on it last night :)

Not as yet but if you join the Irish servers or add some Irish buddies you will see some boardsies flying by...If only there were collisions on at times!

🤪

Ponster wrote: »

There's usually a few people on either of the Irish servers. Not any specific night setup though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ok. I'll join this week and see if there's enough support for a tournament.

Advertisement