Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing Holiday

Options
  • 07-04-2008 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I might be in the wrong forum here (thought the holiday forum might not be great for surfing!) but was wondering if anyone could recommend any places in Europe (Portugal, Spain, France, Italy) that would be good for a weeks surfing holiday for beginners.

Cheers

Gafferino

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 _RoSy_

Hey,

Might be worth your while checking out http://www.budgetsurf.ie

They were advertising a week's surfing in portugal with lessons, accommodation etc. for €395 in the paper last week. I don't know much about them but check the site I guess.

Best of luck,

R.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Portugal is good, really cheap and tonnes of beaches. I don't think they get much swell in the height of summer so you might want to go off season. The Canaries are like the Hawaii of Europe for surfing, warm all year around, great breaks, you should check out Lanzarote maybe, I'd love to go there to surf sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Fuertoventura! Check out www.homegrown.es. Great fun.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Northern Spain seems good according to these guys: http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/surfing/sites/features/pages/spain1.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭fireplace1982

The Surf Experience, Lagos, portugal. They do everything for you, house you, bring you around the best beaches and give lessons...HIGHLY recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Cheers lads. Will have a look at those. Have been hearing good things about Portugal from a few people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭badolepuddytat

Surfing Europeref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link
    Pick up a copy of this and away with you ;) I have the 2004 version, great for general tips and advice, specific location details re: accommodation, food and craic. For a short break Biarritz is lovely but crowded. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dronerz

A bunch of my friends and me are heading off to feurteventura at the end of august, cant wait, its supposed to be unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Id reccommend the guys in island boarders(been myself with friends and also know a few heads who've gone as well) and homegrown shop but I've heard really bad things about quiksilver school.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Fuerte is great, it might be a tad hot in August :) I'd recommend getting yourself a rental on the island (loads of local rental companies that you can haggle with) and just check out the Island yourself.
    Cotillo is a great beach break on the west of the island with pretty much consisten offshore winds. It's pretty much just a closeout but it's a good hollow one, so you can usually tuck in for a quick view before you get a headful of sand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭irishsurfer

In Portugal, surf ex and baleal surf camp, in Spain, winterwaves.co.uk in Conil, and in Morocco, surfmaroc.co.uk

Advertisement