Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stung by Flatmate

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

did you only met your other house mates when you moved in and who asked yer one to move in with you.......you or the land lord

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

Seems like your giving the landlord a hell of an easy time.
    If I'm following this correctly the landlord gets to decide who can live there and who can't, then he gets one of you guys to act as a management company for free and collect all the rent, and the icing on the cake being that he expects you people to pay if someone leaves.

Who holds on to the deposits?
    Is it you or the landlord?
    If its the landlord then I reckon he should be the one out of pocket, if its you then I think you are being a bit of a pushover and should either change the arrangements or move somewhere else where you can't get hit by this crap.

Sorry if that sounded harsh!

Small claims court FTW :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Going round to her work is the quickest way to getting paid out - which should be the sole objective here. It doesnt even matter if you all have to take time off work to do it - its the principal of the thing. If you don't get your money back, its always going to linger with you that you got screwed over.

As regards, her parents not being involved - to hell with that. My view would be that ALL avenues are open once someone blatantly screws you over.

And once you get paid up, stick her mobile down for a few buy and sell ads advertising 5 pygmy goats in West Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I think there is only one solution for this matter -

GET HER ONTO JUDGE JUDY!

She'll sort her out:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

I think there is only one solution for this matter -

GET HER ONTO JUDGE JUDY!

She'll sort her out:D:D:D:D

Got money for bills today in the post but short the rent...

No sign her key either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

I know its a bit lat now but you need to change the set-up so that all tenants pay there own rent by direct debit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Ronanom wrote: »
    Yea, but the landlord insists on it coming from one person - i can see the point in this myself to be honest, it'd get messy wouldn't it?
    No. You pop your rent in with a reference of your name and either keep a hold of a receipt or your own bank statments showing that your rent went into his account.

The situation might be sorted now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

the GALL wrote: »
    Sorry I ment if the land lord got her in why are the rest of you taking a hit on this months rent

I don't really understand this too.

If the landlord is himself renting out the rooms, I do not understand why you have to pay her rent.

Have you tried telling the landlord "you picked a **** to move in, so the loss is yours"?

dublindude wrote: »
    I don't really understand this too.

If the landlord is himself renting out the rooms, I do not understand why you have to pay her rent.

Have you tried telling the landlord "you picked a **** to move in, so the loss is yours"?

He didn't pick. The whole House itself is rented and I nominated myself to collect the rent on behalf of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

So how does he get to say who stays?
    Honestly, you're making it too easy for him/her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Have you tried getting in touch with Shelter or Citizens Advice Beureau?
    Tell them the whole story and they can advise you as to what is actually legal and what options are open to you.

And Name And Shame says I!

Have you tried getting in touch with Shelter or Citizens Advice Beureau?
    Tell them the whole story and they can advise you as to what is actually legal and what options are open to you.

And Name And Shame says I!

I would - but it has all been sorted now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Ronanom wrote: »
    I would - but it has all been sorted now :pac:

Good stuff. :)

Advertisement