Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love popcorn!

• 07-04-2008 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

Anyone else? Which cinema does the best popcorn? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

I like popcorn but I really hate when I get bits of it stuck in my teeth.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Nicest popcorn I ever had was the stuff you get in Xtravision,the big bags, the butter salted one.. Nyom.. Can't say I'm a huge fan of cinema popcorn, I always find it too chewy or something and sometimes tastes burnt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I've always liked Cineworld's popcorn. The first time I had it in Movies @ Dundrum I didn't think it was that great, but had some there on Saturday and it was lovely. Savoy popcorn isn't all that great IMO.

Oh, and be sure to mix your chocolates in with it :p;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Cinema popcorn is never fresh, so I'm not a big fan... The Screen Cinema has the saltiest popcorn in the world...

But yes... mixing in malteesers or minstrals is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Make you own, its always piping hot and so much nicer!!!! And not the microwavable bags the one you heat in the pan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I agree with the Screen. I really enjoyed the popcorn there the last time I was there. Savoy is hit and miss as is Cineworld. I like the Cinema in Blanch cause you can get the Butter out there. Dun Laoghaire ain't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Cinema popcorn is my favourite food ever!!! the Screen is the best...nice and salty alright, but in the past couple of years I've started to love butter on my popcorn but you can only get this in UCI's, why oh why?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

It's so much better than crisps, much healthier too. Best popcorn I had was in the Odeon cinema in Leicester Square, and what a screen :eek:

Popcorn >>>>> Crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

What are the links between popcorn and cinemas, like how did it all start off?

Was it just because it was cheap and quick snack to produce? (of course nowadays being ANYTHING but cheap!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I used to love the popcorn in Cineworld untill a few years ago when they stopped doing butter on it. I found that a lot a cinemas have done the same, now all you can get is rubbery/too salty popcorn in most cinemas :(

• Advertisement

I opened up one of those bags of microwavable popcorn on day......hoping to cook it in a pan.
    The amount of sticky white trans fat inside was enough to turn me off popcorn for life. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Really? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

oh god, my one true vice. yes its alright for you, better then crisps (plus im not a fan of butter) but oh sweet jesus the amount i used to eat was terribly unhealthy. i wouldnt put alot of salt on it and no butter but it means i have a swollen belly after. the olymy in galway is better then the eye. the eyes like cardboard. but the olymy get it very salty at times but when it's hot its devine! oh with malteasers!!! yummy. im on a diet but im going to allow myself one medium a week if i go to the cinema. it'll be my treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Really? :(

mircowave was what made me gain weight as a teenager. havnt touched the stuff in over 6 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I used to like the coloured popcorn. The sweet flavoured stuff. I haven't seen it in ages, it's probably not made anymore. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I opened up one of those bags of microwavable popcorn on day......hoping to cook it in a pan.
    The amount of sticky white trans fat inside was enough to turn me off popcorn for life. :(
    Really? I've never really ate the microwave stuff....well maybe once or twice, but i think il be giving it a miss so! Microwave popcorn.....come on its not that hard to cook or takes that long anyways, so lets keep doing the healthy way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Tried the micro-wave popcorn once, never again. I pegged the other 2/3 sachets from the pack in the bin straight after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

I love popcorn too. I like all sorts except sugar flavour. I was in Canada before and they have these shops called Kernel which have the most fabulous flavoured popcorn ever. My favourite was Jalepeno Jack and Caramel ( not together!).

Also in the cinema over there they give you popcorn without flavour and you can add your own, like cheese flavour or event salt and vinegar.... it was all good:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

King Candy Popcorn ... mmmmm. Yeah Kernels in Canada is very nice, not one for the savory myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

toffee popcorn ftw!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement