Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best 32 inch 1080 TV for xbox 360

• 07-04-2008 9:29pm

Can someone please inform me on the best 1080 tv to user with xbox 360.

Budjet is 1000 max

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

This is a bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Afaik there are very few 32" TV's that do 1080p. Sharp does one and that is the only one I've heard of. You have to go bigger to get 'full HD'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

This is a bargain

That looks nice now!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

This is a bargain

That is a bargain, i'm not hugely impressed with Samsung's ability to display normal signals but for the 360 (or any other HD stuff) that would be sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's 37 inch though...

Looks decent enough though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Fnz wrote: »
    Afaik there are very few 32" TV's that do 1080p. Sharp does one and that is the only one I've heard of. You have to go bigger to get 'full HD'.

and I believe sony are about to bring out some 32" 1080p models soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

To be honest you need to be at a 40 inch or above for full HD (1080) to have any visable difference over 720, the absolute minimum I would recomend would be a 37 inch (and even thats pushing it).

bretttp1 wrote: »
    To be honest you need to be at a 40 inch or above for full HD (1080) to have any visable difference over 720, the absolute minimum I would recomend would be a 37 inch (and even thats pushing it).

Depends how close you're sitting - 24" PC monitors have a 1080p native resolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Almost all manufacturers have or will have a 32 inch full HD set out either now or by the end of the year.

The number 1 reason for this is that , viewing distance calculations aside , that is the most popular size for a TV.

Most people ( or most peoples wives or girlfriends I should say ) dont want a set any bigger in the sitting room.

Heres a link ,
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=32inch+full+hd&meta=

Id recommend Panasonic first , the rest are also rans , ...mid level would be Samsung , Sharp , toshiba , ...and then the lesser models , like Sony , LG , and Philips.

That list is in terms of quality , not price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Can someone please inform me on the best 1080 tv to user with xbox 360.

Budjet is 1000 max

Thanks

This is also a great deal. I have a Sony 32" LCD for my 360 and absolutely love it. I know someone with a Samsung, and wouldn't be too gone on their quality.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=339557&view=detailed#ProductTabs

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    This is also a great deal. I have a Sony 32" LCD for my 360 and absolutely love it. I know someone with a Samsung, and wouldn't be too gone on their quality.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=339557&view=detailed#ProductTabs

As far as I am aware there is no huge difference between Samsung and Sony. Don't they use the same panels.

I'm sure there is some difference in the processing but when it comes to HDMI etc will there be a huge difference? I have had a Samsung and now have a Panasonic and for HD stuff they're both grand.

Are Sony are getting out of the low end lcd business, they will still have their brand on them but as from what I heard they will not be making them.

As far as I am aware there is no huge difference between Samsung and Sony. Don't they use the same panels.

If I had a Euro for every time Ive heard that ....

The panel is one part of a quite complicated design that makes up a TV , Even if every manufacturer used the same panels the support electronics are such a huge part of what makes a TV that the results would still be quite different from one maker to another.

As regards the HDMI interface , how that is implemented makes a huge difference as well , not all manufacturers use the same circuitry to get the content and present it at the output , there are a huge number of options here so there will be huge variations in quality.

As an example , a TV will have way more sophistication in its HDMI circuitry than say a media hard drive, and the results will be quite different.

From comparing many many HDTV's lately , there is a huge variation in output quality , especially in the likes of De-interlacer circuitry and how the TV's handle the many different content formats that it takes. In no way are they all of a good basic quality , the cheaper brands can be absolutely terrible in this respect. Some of the worst offenders were the early Sony models , which were no better than no name budget brands at the start.

For the record , in my opinion the brand with the most consistent quality at an affordable price is Panasonic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

There may be 1080p 32"s on the way but i'm not so sure they will pick up so easily.First of all, lets assume that the average price for a good brand 720p 32" is about 650euro.(in internet prices).You're able to get a 1080p 37" for about 900.Thats only a 250e difference.Lets be honest, its not going to cost that
    much less to make (or buy for that matter) a 1080p 32" rather than a 37".If it only costs a little extra, peiople will still be inclined to go for a 37".Anyway, resolution is far from the only important thing about a hdtv.Quality of sd material and black levels are also very important.
    Finally, seeing as this is the xbox thread, afaik, there have been no native 1080p games as of yet.Although, all xbox games will now run at 1080p they are only upscaled so even if you did have a 1080p 32", the difference would really be minimal, possibly not noticeable at all.The only time you might see a difference is using sky hd or watching a blu-r........oops, xbox thread:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Wow there really are a load of 1080p 32" hdtvs coming

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=348872

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=349371

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=348268#ProductTabs

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=348565

The sony is my favourite, 1150 for a 32" may be a ridiculous amount, but it claims to have a 33000:1 contrast ratio!!!!!!!I still think a 1080p 32" is a waste of many but this is a gimmick to end all gimmicks!!

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I still think a 1080p 32" is a waste

Not if you plan on using it (part time) as a pc monitor.

32" @ 1080p might still be sharp enough for reading text/browsing the web. You'd probably be better off with a smaller monitor if you plan on using it solely for PC tasks.

They will sell !
    Because the woman of the house usually gets the final say , and a lot of lads will be heartbroken as the " Full HD " reason for have a huge TV is now gone !!

32 inch is a nice size for most living rooms. It wont swallow up the room like most big sets.

Also , for browsing the web from a couch , full HD is better simply because you get more of a webpage viewable at the higher res.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 lfc85

im lookin for a new tv myself since im plannin on buying an xbox 360 in the the next week.Since i dont have a credit card i cant buy on line. does anyone know if theres any good deals in currys,dixons...etc.? id probably be lookin for a 24" or 32" hd tv

lfc85 wrote: »
    im lookin for a new tv myself since im plannin on buying an xbox 360 in the the next week.Since i dont have a credit card i cant buy on line. does anyone know if theres any good deals in currys,dixons...etc.? id probably be lookin for a 24" or 32" hd tv

what's your budget and what else will you be watching on it, sky, chorus, dvds etc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was using a 32" panasonic hdtv 1080i thought it looked great until i hooked it up to my pc samsung 22" monitor,looks far superior than any tv ive seen.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    I was using a 32" panasonic hdtv 1080i thought it looked great until i hooked it up to my pc samsung 22" monitor,looks far superior than any tv ive seen.

Is the Samsung a crt

if we're going down the road of what looks best he would indeed be best off getting a deadly PC crt

The samsung is lcd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Dcully wrote: »
    The samsung is lcd.

Interesting... What model is it??

Advertisement