Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland 'B' Final-Secondary school GAA

Options
  • 07-04-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Best of luck to Colaiste Iosagain in the All Ireland Football final on Sunday 13th April.They play Rice College (Westport) in Hyde Park at 2.30...bring home the cup lads.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,464 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

c'mon the lads!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

Lets do it for the town lads c,mon

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Colaiste Iosagain 0-11
    Rice College 0-09

Congrats to Colaiste Iosagain.........ALL IRELAND CHAMPIONS 2008........well done lads.

yeah it was a great match and a great result, well done to all involved

• Subscribers Posts: 41,464 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

WELL DONE TO THE LADS.

we're all very proud!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

I hate to be pedantic but if you're all going to fete them then it should be as All-Ireland B champions. I believe the real honour lies with St Pats of Dungannon.
    However its a great acheievement by Port and lets see if they can push on in the A grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Kingdom...check the thread title,'B' championship is clearly stated.

yeah kingdom go away, give them young chaps great credit for what they done for the town and school.. its a great achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Boys, boys!!! May have to get the whip out if you start fighting!!

you have a whip curvy :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

LOL.......yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeping it clean for the kids LOL!!!!

miraclewhip.jpg

;).. I know what ya mean curvy

port wrote: »
    Kingdom...check the thread title,'B' championship is clearly stated.

Yeah but you left it out of your post! Of course its a super achievement, for some Guinan, and Connor most likely it will be the first of many big days, for others it'll probably be the biggest sporting occasion of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Kingdom wrote: »
    I hate to be pedantic but if you're all going to fete them then it should be as All-Ireland B champions. I believe the real honour lies with St Pats of Dungannon.
    However its a great acheievement by Port and lets see if they can push on in the A grade.

I presume since you commented on this that you are aware that the A and B championships have nothing to do with the quality!? It's based on the size of the school. A few years ago we choose to play A league and B championship. So there is no pushing for the A grade required,although they were right not to play in in this year,and it would be a stupid decision to play in it over the next few years!

Kingdom wrote: »
    for some Guinan, and Connor most likely it will be the first of many big days, for others it'll probably be the biggest sporting occasion of their lives.

Whatever about it being one of many big day's for Connor,don't think Guinan will be having many. It's the like's of Murphy,Knight and Allen that'll move on from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Photo's here

kmart6 wrote: »
    I presume since you commented on this that you are aware that the A and B championships have nothing to do with the quality!? It's based on the size of the school. A few years ago we choose to play A league and B championship. So there is no pushing for the A grade required,although they were right not to play in in this year,and it would be a stupid decision to play in it over the next few years!

No didn't realise that. Just an assumption thats all.

Whatever about it being one of many big day's for Connor,don't think Guinan will be having many. It's the like's of Murphy,Knight and Allen that'll move on from here!

best of luck to all of them in the future. God knows Laois/Offaly football needs as many as possible to continue on to senior football.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

True enough,but the quality that has gone through the school in the last few years should lead to more senior impact,but a lot of them haven't got there yet,which is unfortunate!

Advertisement