Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2142 will not run using new graphics card 8800GT

Options
  • 07-04-2008 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭

Just changed graphics card from a ATI Radeon X1900XT to a XFX Nvidia 8800GT but have been unable to get 2142 running. Prior to the change I had no issues whatsoever.

Just wondering has anyone had similar issues and if so did they get it resolved.

Thanks in advance....:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

While this is the solution for BF2, as 2142 is just a a mod of BF2 this sould work.

When you install the game it takes a snapshot of your system and optimises the graphics for your graphics card. So when you change gfx card you're obliged to:

a) Reinstall the game

or

b) Delete the \Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2142\Profiles\ directory

This will force a reset of gfx settings and worked perfectly with BF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ponster wrote: »
    b) Delete the \Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2142\Profiles\ directory

This will force a reset of gfx settings and worked perfectly with BF2.
    This works best (for BF2).

Advertisement