Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java applet making net to go offline

Options
  • 07-04-2008 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Ok on my desktop at home I have windows XP and Java 6 update 5 is the version i have. When i open a website that uses the Java Applet in IE7 or mozilla firefox, it changes the browser to work offline.

I have tried restoring the pc to an earlier date to get rid of the update but this hasnt worked. I cant believe this is a virus, i am very careful about what i download and my virus protection is always uptodate.

any advise would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

first go to control panel then programs and features and then uninstall java then go to the java download site and instead of accepting the latest version which will appear look for a link to "other" or previous versions and try using an older version possibly version 6.3 might work better.

it is possibly/probably not any virus but may be that the last update of jave does not run so well on your system

if there is something better to do maybe some more technically minded person can advise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 greentoymonkey

thanks for that i will post up the result later

Advertisement