Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New wheels, need some help

Options
  • 07-04-2008 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Looking to order new wheels, thinking of getting these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26100

I have a trek 1000 with a standard 8 speed SRAM cassette, my question is will that swap over okay? I found details on a different site that said 8,9 or 10 speed Campagnolo cassettes will fit.... are they a similar setup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Freddy687

It looks like the wheels you mentioned are campagnolo compatable, if you buy these the SRAM, shimano compatable, that is on the original wheel will not fit. You will have to buy a campagnolo cassette as well.
    The levers on the trek 1000, shimano tiagra if i remember, are not capable of indexing a 9 or 10 speed cassette.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Don't buy them. They have a Campagnolo compatible freehub, which is only suitable for 9 or 10 speed Campagnolo drivetrains.

Advertisement