Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing both French and German?

Options
  • 07-04-2008 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

^ What it says on the tin. Anyone?

Wouldn't just two orals be lovely?

Do you constantly screw up basic concepts by saying things like 'j'arbeite'?

Don't you feel stupid now for you cocky 16-year-old decision?

Hold me..:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Top Post! Although i do feel a bit sorry for you, one is bad enough for me!!!:eek:

How ya coping?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

my school wouldnt allow me do both subjects and i continued with french for a while by myself but gave up in november.I would actually be freaked having to do 2 orals in 3 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 suprfantastisch

Oh I hear you buddy..I do German outside school as an eighth and for two years I've been ritually tempted to quit either it or French.

But was generally doing ok till now, thanks for asking srfc. Just the prospect of two orals next week is ruining my otherwise perfect Monday-evening-before-my-Irish-oral. I'd be such a happy camper now if it weren't for French. As a language I consider it an evolutionary mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I did French and German for my LC. And Irish of course. So that made for a fun week of orals.

It's not so bad, but the language you want to speak is usually the last that will come to mind. :) I used to mix up French and Irish a lot. Not so much German.

no regrets though, I'd do it again given the choice. my school was pretty good about stuff like that. I was one of the first on in Irish and put to the end of the French list to give as much of a gap between them as possible. I'm sure german was stuck in there somewhere but there was only a few of us in that class so order didn't matter.

Advertisement