Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evga 790i Ultra

• 07-04-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

OK I would not normally complain about prices not being an impoverished student
    like most of our members here but....

EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI, BlackPerl, Socket-775,DDR3,2xGbLAN,3xPCI-Ex(2.0)16
    Komplett #: 347215/Manufacturer P\N: 132-CK-NF79-W1
    Availability: Stocked at supplier.

€575.00

this price is insane add your ddr3 another €570.00 and a top end cpu €1000.
    and 2 x 9800 gtx €550.00 where is this all going to end.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

bump this thread in a year, heck 6 months even and then compare prices. You will always pay a premium to be right at the front of current tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

Have you looked for other prices? I noticed that MB when it went up today but its only been up a few hours so more than likely its just a mistake. Its 'only' 315 on overclockers.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

TonyM. wrote: »
    OK I would not normally complain about prices not being an impoverished student
    like most of our members here but....

EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI, BlackPerl, Socket-775,DDR3,2xGbLAN,3xPCI-Ex(2.0)16
    Komplett #: 347215/Manufacturer P\N: 132-CK-NF79-W1
    Availability: Stocked at supplier.

€575.00

this price is insane add your ddr3 another €570.00 and a top end cpu €1000.
    and 2 x 9800 gtx €550.00 where is this all going to end.

does this one include the water blocks like the previous black pearls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

i checked on the Evga website and its $499.00 over there i cannot get a picture of it to see the specs.

according to their forums it is watercooled and hence the ridiculous price tag, if you want something more ridiculous how about two QX9775 costing $2800 dollars according to this
    So much for skulltrail being even a distant reality:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Its got the waterblocks the original 680i plack pearl was withdrawn it was unstable .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

requiem1 wrote: »
    according to their forums it is watercooled and hence the ridiculous price tag, if you want something more ridiculous how about two QX9775 costing $2800 dollars according to this
    So much for skulltrail being even a distant reality:rolleyes:
    Well you don't have to get 2 qx9775's for skulltrail. You could get two of the cheaper quads. It's like saying sli is ridiculous because 2 8800 ultras cost €1400 (they were around €700 when they were released weren't they?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Just bought 2 of their standard 790i Ultras.....makes them seem cheap in comparison:eek:

Well you don't have to get 2 qx9775's for skulltrail. You could get two of the cheaper quads. It's like saying sli is ridiculous because 2 8800 ultras cost €1400 (they were around €700 when they were released weren't they?).

I was under the impression that skulltrail took s771 which is identical to s775 and the qx9775's are the only compatable processors for now anyways, and I suppose you're right but two 8800 ultras were 1200 to 1400 on release but its a hell of price when you look at the cost of processors nowadays

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

requiem1 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that skulltrail took s771 which is identical to s775 and the qx9775's are the only compatable processors for now anyways, and I suppose you're right but two 8800 ultras were 1200 to 1400 on release but its a hell of price when you look at the cost of processors nowadays
    Actually you're right about it being socket 771. It would be a lot better if it was 775 but given the limited availability and price of the boards, chances are the only people who'll be able to get their hands on it would be willing to spend $3000 on cpus. Maybe they'll release a board that can take 2 775 processors and make it a more mainstream thing.

• Advertisement

Actually you're right about it being socket 771. It would be a lot better if it was 775 but given the limited availability and price of the boards, chances are the only people who'll be able to get their hands on it would be willing to spend $3000 on cpus. Maybe they'll release a board that can take 2 775 processors and make it a more mainstream thing.

yeah that would be ideal but at IDF they were all about octo core and moving away from s775 and the new processors are gonna be a tad bigger link so we can say goodbye to s775 it has served us well. but i'd say they'll see how enthusiasts react to skulltrail, then they'll probably consider releasing a series of s771 processors for the average man but they have to sort out their little quarrel with nvidia before skulltrail goes to mass production

Advertisement