Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extensions.

Options
  • 07-04-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Ok so I was just working out deadlines and I discovered that I have 2 2000 words essays, 2 2500 words essays and my 2000 FYP research thing all due on THE SAME DAY. I can probably manage but I think it's a bit too stressful right before the exams. Would I be able to get extensions do you think? Even by a couple of days to spread them out. Are there specific requirements for an extension?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 kram_araman

Just email the lecturer of the ones you want to get extended, explain your situation and you should get an extension no problem. If the lecturer is a c**t and wont extend the deadline go to the students union and they should help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ergonomics wrote: »
    Ok so I was just working out deadlines and I discovered that I have 2 2000 words essays, 2 2500 words essays and my 2000 FYP research thing all due on THE SAME DAY. I can probably manage but I think it's a bit too stressful right before the exams. Would I be able to get extensions do you think? Even by a couple of days to spread them out. Are there specific requirements for an extension?

I needed an extension on similar grounds at you a while back and i just went straight to the lecturers involved and explained my case ... They both initially said they would have o think about it as one rule for all... But ended up with 2extensions from my lecturers but was told that under no circumstances would it happen again ... But i got them when i needed them so just speak to your lecturers, they probably wont be as bad as you'd imagine them to be about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

My course has never had any problems getting extensions. Just call up to the lecturer and see what he says. Id advise doing it face to face instead of by email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

As has been said: go to the lecturer involved and explain the situation. Go to the ones most sympathetic towards students. Lecturers are people too; they'll understand! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Just email the lecturer of the ones you want to get extended, explain your situation and you should get an extension no problem. If the lecturer is a c**t and wont extend the deadline go to the students union and they should help you out
    kerry4sam wrote: »
    I needed an extension on similar grounds at you a while back and i just went straight to the lecturers involved and explained my case ... They both initially said they would have o think about it as one rule for all... But ended up with 2extensions from my lecturers but was told that under no circumstances would it happen again ... But i got them when i needed them so just speak to your lecturers, they probably wont be as bad as you'd imagine them to be about it
    cooperguy wrote: »
    My course has never had any problems getting extensions. Just call up to the lecturer and see what he says. Id advise doing it face to face instead of by email.
    As has been said: go to the lecturer involved and explain the situation. Go to the ones most sympathetic towards students. Lecturers are people too; they'll understand! :eek:

Question answered it seems :)

Boards.ie at work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Thanks a million all. Never had an extension before so I'm going to try not to get one but just wanted to ensure I could!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement