Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were to change Dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Remove all Spar and Centras and replace with small Aldi/Lidl shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Nolanger wrote: »
    Remove all Spar and Centras and replace with small Aldi/Lidl shops.

Sorry, but I'll have to report that.

Spar is great for a roll. Lidl and Aldi is the image of depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There is nothing to do here, other than play football or something. Since my mate moved back home, I just see how boring Dublin is. There are no places to ''hang out'' in the centre, with like skateparks and stuff like this.

Spot on, I'm 17 (I'm guessing you're in and around that yourself estebancambias), my summer for example will consist on a couple days a week working, a game of footie with my mates once or twice a week, a trip to Tolka Park (or wherever Shels are playing) and then Saturday is the usual illegal under-age stuff we all love.

Ye fecking feck all to do in Dublin, actually there's basically nothing. Sure I can hardly walk around my area with my mates because the local skangers from St.Teresa's Gardens pop around with the intent of getting into a fight somehow.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Holsten wrote: »
    Simple, get rid off all skangers, beggers, junkies and any other undesirables.

Actually they usually are a bit of all three - Deport the scumbags.

You should join some extreme right wing movement.

They have similar views.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Applicable only to humans.

• Advertisement

Spot on, I'm 17 (I'm guessing you're in and around that yourself estebancambias), my summer for example will consist on a couple days a week working, a game of footie with my mates once or twice a week, a trip to Tolka Park (or wherever Shels are playing) and then Saturday is the usual illegal under-age stuff we all love.

Ye fecking feck all to do in Dublin, actually there's basically nothing. Sure I can hardly walk around my area with my mates because the local skangers from St.Teresa's Gardens pop around with the intent of getting into a fight somehow.:rolleyes:

I thought you were agreeing with my point about Spar for a second.:)

Yeah I'm in around, slightly older.

A good summer for me depends on the the other people in the estate here. It can be great during the summer here if you get a match going which lasts for hours(like I had over the Easter) especially with it being beside the beach.;)

I guess its as good as what you make it, but I feel there is too much restrictions, I can't pinpoint exactly what I mean.

What the **** is their problem? As I have said before, they're so hostile. They need to lighten up for **** sake.

FruitLover wrote: »
    Applicable only to humans.

Point taken.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

JoeSchmoe wrote: »
    I reckon we need some sort of big central square for public gathering or festivals or just hanging out

Here in Melbourne we have Fed Square which is pretty cool for gatherings, sometimes bands play there and they have exhibitions and show sport on big screens etc. There have been up to 40,000 people there in the past.

Thing is, we could never have anything like that in Dublin because if you try and have an outdoor event free for all, loads of knackers will show up with cans and start fights, riot, etc. etc.
    And an open meeting space hang out type area would also attract all kinds of junkies and hostile dangerous people.
    e.g. the boardwalk. FFS I saw that coming as soon as I heard the plans to build it... It was already junkie central with the clinics in the area, so they built them a nice walkway over the river to hang out on and do their heroin on.

Why is that??? WTF is wrong with Dublin in that sense? Why can't we just have a nice civilized city centre where you can walk around in peace without looking at litter, inner city scumbags, and heroin addicts?

Advertisement