Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well done rag2gar

Comments

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the man is a hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Goozer

At the end of the day he's goin to play the ME event himslf on his own the 4 lads cant be around him or can they well if figure they can just like hal labersky last year he can pretend he is blind the 4 lads can whisper in his ear......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

Goozer wrote: »
    At the end of the day he's goin to play the ME event himslf on his own the 4 lads cant be around him or can they well if figure they can just like hal labersky last year he can pretend he is blind the 4 lads can whisper in his ear......

I was in tescos one time and this blind guy came in swinging his guide dog above his head by his leash and the security guard said "wtf are you doing?" the blind man replied "just having a look around"

I was in tescos one time and this blind guy came in swinging his guide dog above his head by his leash and the security guard said "wtf are you doing?" the blind man replied "just having a look around"

hahahhahah your so funny

hahahhahah your so funny
    tyty

saying i have 9" in my pants easy to prove...pull down pants shock horror 9" ...saying i have 4 friends in my house to help me play poker last night not so easy to prove....lol at guide dog joke:) if this was the case this thing is policed these boards most of the baords houses would be surrounded by the drug squad from what i can read........:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Lollllaments!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Congratulations and best of luck in Vegas.

Connie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hold on, none of this is in the blog entry? :confused:
    Yeh not anymore its not!!! It was there though and I'm suprised there hasnt been more said about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Pabloh

Congrats Gary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 gunner06

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Yeh not anymore its not!!! It was there though and I'm suprised there hasnt been more said about it.

There hasnt been more said about it because there is no need to say anything about it.Do you actually know gary as id seriously doubt that he was sitting there bound and gagged not knowing what to do next.Probably thanking the lads out of manners for helping him out when he got stuck with broadband probs.It's because of the likes of verbal terrorists like yourself that good players cant even enjoy a great victory like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Well done Gary, GL in the big one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Jeezus well done! Best of luck in vegas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

ianmc38 wrote: »
    McLovin it. WP.

lol

Nice one Gary, enjoy it.

gunner06 wrote: »
    There hasnt been more said about it because there is no need to say anything about it.Do you actually know gary as id seriously doubt that he was sitting there bound and gagged not knowing what to do next.Probably thanking the lads out of manners for helping him out when he got stuck with broadband probs.It's because of the likes of verbal terrorists like yourself that good players cant even enjoy a great victory like this.
    Haha this comment is hilarious and so typical of boards!!! I dont know who Gary is but he comes across as a top bloke and Im sure he is. Just because hes a top bloke doesnt make what he did OK. The simple fact that he took the blog down and R4aD edited his post shows that he also knows what he did was wrong.

To me, the way he went about winning this tournamnent is along the same lines of someone selling an account when going deep in a tourney. Call it collusion call it what you like but its cheating. We had a thread here a while ago about Sorel Mizzi getting sponsored by Betfair and people were outraged after him being caught cheating. Granted that was on a bigger scale than this.Just because Gary is a nice guy Im not gona come on here and say how great he is for winning a sat when he was part of a "four man tag team" that won it. he said in his blog he wants to give the lads $500 dollars each as a thank you for helping him win? Its so obviously cheating its ridic. If it was you that lost heads up to the tag team last night what would you do?

And as for calling me a verbal terrorist? most people know who I am.... Who the fcuk are you???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭dagunman

Garry didnt do anything wrong whats so ever. I rarely play on my own and always have ppl in the backround I call on for a second opinion. In big tournies I always have the lads on msn. Garry was the person in control of the computer at all times and all decesion were made by him, he may have got some helpful suggestions but the final decesion was made by him. I dont know why he botherd editining his blog but it is always better to air on the site of caution in these type of things when so much money is involved.
    People seem to be very naive regarding the stuff that goes on online.

dagunman wrote: »
    Garry didnt do anything wrong whats so ever. I rarely play on my own and always have ppl in the backround I call on for a second opinion. In big tournies I always have the lads on msn. Garry was the person in control of the computer at all times and all decesion were made by him, he may have got some helpful suggestions but the final decesion was made by him. I dont know why he botherd editining his blog but it is always better to air on the site of caution in these type of things when so much money is involved.
    People seem to be very naive regarding the stuff that goes on online.
    Yeh obviously I am. Fair play for pointing out that you cheat online at least you have the balls to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Yeh obviously I am. Fair play for pointing out that you cheat online at least you have the balls to say.

Having guys with you while playing is not cheating and comparing this to the Sorel Mizzi incident is just stupid. Sorel bought an account Gary simply switched pc's due to techincal difficulties and i see nothing wrong with it.

what cheating online when did that start?...who honestly gives a rats the lad is away to vegas with his 4 guide dogs....god only knows its a team event did nobody remember jackie chan "i think thats his name" giving jamie gold advice at final table from the bleechers?.......but jamie still had to pull the trigger the big donkey.. same goes for the man with the mouse....so much can be made of so little online most of the time u dont know what ur up again...pocker tracker, stats, 4 man bob sleigh scandie team..everyone has mates round from time to time, get over it and away to vegas if i could get 4 numb skulls together to get me to vegas id be delighted and id give them a monkey for there troubles:)

Having guys with you while playing is not cheating and comparing this to the Sorel Mizzi incident is just stupid. Sorel bought an account Gary simply switched pc's due to techincal difficulties and i see nothing wrong with it.
    Ok Fran first of all it is cheating to have a team of guys playing one account. Answer me this, You are playing a WSOP sat and lose heads up, then you find out you were playing against a group of 4 guys. Are you happy with this or do you email support?

By the way if these 4 geezers are available for winning 12k packages to wsop for 2 k im in i will send money to there secret account np as i couldnt find a nipple in a barrel of tits at the moment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Ok Fran first of all it is cheating to have a team of guys playing one account. Answer me this, You are playing a WSOP sat and lose heads up, then you find out you were playing against a group of 4 guys. Are you happy with this or do you email support?

to me Eoghan the test would be this:

did the other 4 lads benefit in any way?
    clearly the answer is no, they were just a) helping out a mate who's net connection had died and b) then railing him

no big deal and certainly in no way comparable to, say multi-accounting

case dismissed imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Thats twice now....twice people have edited their blogs when something juicy comes up before most of us get a chance to tune in and see what all the fuss is about!

I can only put bits together to understand what was happening..seems like Gary was playing at home..pc/laptop failed, went around to a mates to finish off and there were a couple of friends there and they all watched/offered advice while HU went down..is that the general jist?

only finding out who people are ok fran = wee drougheda midget pro...drunken i/o cash game donater? and u askin him a serious question! lol at u! how can ya take him serious with his cute little sun glasses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

Congrats Well Done Sir :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Great stuff :D well done Gary.

• Advertisement

If they were taking turns on it yes but in this instance it appears Gary was in full control of the action apart from the time he was travelling switching pcs which i see no wrong as he is hardly going to let the $500 buy in go to waste.
    I would often play tourneys with people in the background but its me hitting the fold, call, raise button. I think your blowing this out of proportion and creating an issue that does not exist in the first place, you hardly think Gary would have posted it in the first place if he thought there was any wrong doing

to me Eoghan the test would be this:

did the other 4 lads benefit in any way?
    clearly the answer is no, they were just a) helping out a mate who's net connection had died and b) then railing him

no big deal and certainly in no way comparable to, say multi-accounting

case dismissed imo!
    I disagree Glynn sorry. He said it was a "4 man tag team" he openly said he was using all of their advice and said he wants to give them a monkey each for their help. Thats cheating in my opinion.

only finding out who people are ok fran = wee drougheda midget pro...drunken i/o cash game donater? and u askin him a serious question! lol at u! how can ya take him serious with his cute little sun glasses

LOL Trev keep open folding KK

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=trevor+mcgoona&search_type=

If they were taking turns on it yes but in this instance it appears Gary was in full control of the action apart from the time he was travelling switching pcs which i see no wrong as he is hardly going to let the $500 buy in go to waste.
    I would often play tourneys with people in the background but its me hitting the fold, call, raise button. I think your blowing this out of proportion and creating an issue that does not exist in the first place, you hardly think Gary would have posted it in the first place if he thought there was any wrong doing
    I agree that he wouldnt have posted it in the first place if he thought it was wrong. Why did he take it down then? I also agree that there is nothing wrong with having someone play the game while he drove over to the house as this is unavoidable.

However at the break he realised that noel and john were just down the road and made the effort to go down and join them, this was avoidable and unnecessary. To use the argument that it was ok because he was doing the clicking is a bit ridic if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I disagree Glynn sorry. He said it was a "4 man tag team" he openly said he was using all of their advice and said he wants to give them a monkey each for their help. Thats cheating in my opinion.

I respect your opinion but I think it's one that a primarily live player would form - using their advice is fine. OK you couldn't do this live but it happens all the time online and we should be realistic about it. Either someone physically sitting over your shoulder or else via MSN etc, it's common. I coached Mrs S through a tournament once, was that 'cheating'?

As for giving them 500 each, the blog doesn't/didn't read as though the lads themselves would in any way expect any sort of 'reward' apart from the pleasure of seeing their friend qualify for a Big One. If Gary feels the need to do that, that's his privilege.

lmao best laugh all day who is this genius u talk of fran trev?

lmao best laugh all day who is this genius u talk of fran trev?

Goozer = Trevor McGoona i have a soul read on you

soul read? ya had trouble reading ann & barry in secondary school :) between u and baz ye get it hard to post a reply never mind win a tournie.... i feel there is more than one at the controls here....

I respect your opinion but I think it's one that a primarily live player would form - using their advice is fine. OK you couldn't do this live but it happens all the time online and we should be realistic about it. Either someone physically sitting over your shoulder or else via MSN etc, it's common. I coached Mrs S through a tournament once, was that 'cheating'?

As for giving them 500 each, the blog doesn't/didn't read as though the lads themselves would in any way expect any sort of 'reward' apart from the pleasure of seeing their friend qualify for a Big One. If Gary feels the need to do that, that's his privilege.
    Yeh I see where your coming from Glynn and obviously Im oblivious to all this and just a bit suprised considering the strong opinions people have about cheating online. Id like to hear Ollieboy or other regular online MTT players thoughts on this.

Its news to me that its now OK to have a few people helping you play a tornament. Why dont ten of us get together and throw $50 each into an account and have a spin at a WSOP sat? Would this be fair?

• Advertisement

Do u honestly think tht does not happen/..?/?/ the only pure form is man to man live tournaments simple as this lad won a ticket could ya step off the moral high ground let him enjoy it imo he didnt do a whole lot wrong how do ya suppose its policed how do u know every time u sit at an online tournament there is not more than 1 guy ur facing? with the online aides flop tracker pt3 are these to be outlawed?

Do u honestly think tht does not happen/..?/?/ the only pure form is man to man live tournaments simple as this lad won a ticket could ya step off the moral high ground let him enjoy it imo he didnt do a whole lot wrong how do ya suppose its policed how do u know every time u sit at an online tournament there is not more than 1 guy ur facing? with the online aides flop tracker pt3 are these to be outlawed?
    Look if everyone thinks this is OK then fair enough I just wasnt aware that this was the norm. Dont tell me to step off the moral high ground as if im some fcuking retard its not like that. I realise that there was no real intent from Gary for it to go this way and if his computer didnt break it wouldnt have. I am just suprised at the attitude of people saying this happens all the time thats grand. I didnt realise this was the case and im suprised.

The fact remains that if Gary hadnt of got the help from 3 other good players he probably wouldnt have won the ticket. Anyway I wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

To hell with the opinions of people here to be honest....no offence etc BUT.....
    The real question is; in the Ts and Cs of an internet poker site, . Are you told you can't have your buddies sitting beside you as you play? if not , it's not cheating. Simple as......

If the site says you must be alone in a darkened room and must not talk to anyone until you are finished in your tournament. Well then Gary is a big cheat and we should all beat him until he cries........

The Mclovg jokes have only become clear to me recently when I saw the movie superbad for the 1st time. quite amusing indeed....

Well done btw

are u a retard? if someone calls me a chair i dont get upset....and if ur innocent enough not to realise this happens all the time ur mistaken why the debate? its a given unless im playin live sometimes u dont know what ur up again....so how many guys are on msn? have u ever used it? i even remember one of irelands great players sayin if he gets tired during a tournament he gives a mate who he trusts a ring and he loggs on to same account to play the tournament and goes to bed....the truth is the only way u get over this is live poker...... i apologise eoghan if i was condecending its a general post not directed at anyone...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Goozer, please be careful with your posts. The above could in some light be construed as abuse (the first few words at least). I am choosing not to view it that way, but think before you type.

Thanks.

yep np

• Advertisement

are u a retard? if someone calls me a chair i dont get upset....and if ur innocent enough not to realise this happens all the time ur mistaken why the debate? its a given unless im playin live sometimes u dont know what ur up again....so how many guys are on msn? have u ever used it? i even remember one of irelands great players sayin if he gets tired during a tournament he gives a mate who he trusts a ring and he loggs on to same account to play the tournament and goes to bed....the truth is the only way u get over this is live poker...... i apologise eoghan if i was condecending its a general post not directed at anyone...
    No I am not a retard. Weve played together a good bit in the Fitz and you are alot sounder there than you have been here but that is typical of people I suppose. No offence taken anyway. As I said i was just suprised with how open people are about a few people playing hands together on the net and how its fine because everyone does it.

It appears I am in the minority that thinks its wrong but so be it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Its news to me that its now OK to have a few people helping you play a tornament. Why dont ten of us get together and throw $50 each into an account and have a spin at a WSOP sat? Would this be fair?

TBH i don't think this would be of any advantage to anyone, differences of opinions etc. Now and again i'll ask for advice on MSN regarding a hand or if one of my mates is here i might too, that, and what Gary did are incomparable to the Sorel Mizzi incident. I didn't get a chance to read his blog before it was edited/deleted so I'm not 100% sure of the details but i'd like to see it reposted. Well done again Gary, f the haterzzzzzzz.

seriously eoghan i were only jokin i dont even know who u are i do apologise for the grief :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

It appears I am in the minority that thinks its wrong but so be it!

I agree its wrong but just about everyone does it every now and again.Its normal!Your fighting a losing battle.its a joke really!

seriously eoghan i were only jokin i dont even know who u are i do apologise for the grief :(
    No offense taken trevor dont worry about it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement