Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G Modem - Working On One Computer, Not On Another.

Options
  • 08-04-2008 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Well, i got the above about 3 months ago and installed it on the home computer and my own personal laptop. Everything was ok for about two weeks and then suddenly it wouldn't work on my laptop but still worked on the home computer. The message that appears when it fails to connect on the laptop is "wireless device is not connected or unavailable"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Tackle69 wrote: »
    Well, i got the above about 3 months ago and installed it on the home computer and my own personal laptop. Everything was ok for about two weeks and then suddenly it wouldn't work on my laptop but still worked on the home computer. The message that appears when it fails to connect on the laptop is "wireless device is not connected or unavailable"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you try uninstallling the software and then doing a fresh install? Did you install anything on your laptop subsequently that might have interferred with the vod software?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

When you have a few (20) spare minutes, give their data support a call. They're usually pretty good at helping with that sort of thing. 1850287000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

It sounds like you may have a conflict with USB port mappings. If you have any other USB devices e.g. external HDs plug them out and then try plugging in the USB modem again. If the PC doesn't detect the USB modem as a USB drive then it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

dub45 wrote: »
    Did you try uninstallling the software and then doing a fresh install? Did you install anything on your laptop subsequently that might have interferred with the vod software?

Well i did this and it worked... its strange because being technically ungifted, this is one of the first things i do when something goes wrong... i just thought that this was something a bit more complicated...

Cheers and thanks to everyone else who replied.

Advertisement