Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.eu domain renewal

Options
  • 08-04-2008 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hamletian procrastinator that I am I neglected to renew a .eu domain. I'm 24 hours late and they are looking for 50 notes as a reactivation fee.

Yes - it's my own fault but charging 4 times the annual reg fee is a little sharp. The company I use for .coms etc doesnt charge a dime if you are late. You'll lose the domain beyond the grace period but I guess they operate on the basis that they actually want your business year on year. I was very late on one domain and they had already put it into their ad serving farm but they still gave it back to me without any fuss.

Anyway - I'm not looking for a way out of the 50 euro but can anyone recommend a more user friendly .eu registrar so that I can at least make the point that they should reconsider the NTL/UPC -like policies by paying up and transferring out.

And yes - i'll try to renew in time next time around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

giddyup wrote: »
    Anyway - I'm not looking for a way out of the 50 euro but can anyone recommend a more user friendly .eu registrar so that I can at least make the point that they should reconsider the NTL/UPC -like policies by paying up and transferring out.

Hate to break it to you, but the quarantine fee is NOT set by the registrars. It's set by the registry ie. Eurid (http://www.eurid.eu)

We (registrars) don't like it either

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Fair enough and I did look at the eurid site before I posted where I read that while it charges a fee to registrars they in turn are free to charge what they like to their users. I see a reactivation is 20 while reactivating and transferring is 50. My reg is 24 hours late and they are going for the full 50. I can't see where there is any transferring involved so I still think they are piss-takers to some extent. They are entitled to charge it I but I'll still look elsewhere for a better deal in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The problem is pulling out domains from quarantine is a manual process.

I'd recommend you speak to eurid about their silly quarantine setup. The more people complain the more likely that there will be change

Advertisement